“Best Greek Food west of Greek Town, Chicago” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,085 of 4,044 restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Greek
Bolingbrook, Ill. USA
“Best Greek Food west of Greek Town, Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hello Everyone, I am a lifelong resident of Chicago. Frequent Greek Town often. While vising family in San Diego have been to this restaurant two times and was never disappointed. The Food is Fabulous authentic Greek. The service was excellent, Ambiance was Great. If you love Greek Food this restaurant is not to be missed. Enjoy!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great food, great service, great family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

Great food, great service, great family!

San Diego
“The Athens Market Cafe is some Good Greek!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2008

Before catching a quick movie with my wife, I brought her in to this magnificent restaurant! The atmosphere was stupendous and our waitress never let us down. We started our meal off with a flambeed Saganaki. The flames almost touched the ceiling! It was like flying first class the way everything was done, served, and cooked to perfection. Then our waitress brought out the warm chicken salads and our dinner was PERFECT! And I mean PERFECT! The Ahens Market Cafe gets two big thumbs up from my wife and I, and we will definitelly be returning soon.

San Diego
“The BEST west of Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2008

I am Greek and the food at Athens Market Cafe in Rancho Bernardo is the finest in San Diego. It is owned by Greeks and that is one very, very, important ingredient. You are getting authenic Greek food and not an imitation. One of the reasons that Athens Market food is so good is they use the best of ingredients and do not cut corners. Also, you get a good size helping and the price is reasonable for the quality of food and service. The deserts are perfect, they are very difficult and time consuming to prepare. Good Appetite, Yassoo!
Sophia

Tucson
“Great Greek Restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2008

We tried Athen's Market Cafe at the suggestion of a co-worker when I was on business travel. It is a local family owned restaurant located in the community of Rancho Bernardo (in north San Diego, not too far from the San Diego Wild Animal Park). We were staying at the Rancho Bernardo Inn and looking for good Greek restaurant in the area. The location was not very exciting...in a shopping center, but surprisingly it had plenty of charm once you got inside. The wait staff was very pleasant and courteous, and we found the food to be very good. The prices were not too high and they had a pretty decent wine selection too. I will definitely come back when I'm in town again.