“Small but very good” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
New Bern, NC
“Small but very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Abbey's is in a small stip Mall and is hard to see from the main road. The GPS took me there for lunch and I had to kiss it when I left. I had a hard time deciding since the menue sounded so good. I ordered a dish with Brisket, pulled pork beans and rice. Very good, more than I could eat and at a reasonable price. Won't be the last time I come here on my visits to San Diego.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,395 helpful votes
“Totally decent BBQ!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We went to Abbey's last week for some great BBQ. I actually bought a Groupon for this place many months ago but forgot all about it. It was expiring soon so I went with the family. The location isn't great and we'd probably never be in this area besides driving here to eat here.

But glad we did. That's what is great about these Groupon's is it allows you to find places you probably would have never discovered.

The staff was friendly and the sandwiches were great. I had a pulled pork sandwich and my wife had the chicken sandwich...both came with a side dish. Most dishes were around $10.

The restaurant inside itself is nothing to write home about but I doubt people that come here care what the decor is like. Seems like people that would come here are people that want some good BBQ not good ambiance.

I can't say if this is the "best BBQ in SD" like others as I haven't eaten in enough places yet...we just moved here a few weeks ago. But definitely it was very good and I'm sure we will come back again when we have the craving for BBQ.

• Visited August 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
kearny meas
“abbeys real bbq best bbq ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

this is the best bbq in san deigo.
stop in at abbeys real bbq and you can try it yourself.
best pulled pork and fried okra and sweet tea, yea sweet tea.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Easy on the pocketbook BBQ for great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

Abbey servers the real thing right from this stripmall location and at a price that makes anyone smile. I had the Bonanza plate with pulled pork, friend okra and beans. It comes with cornbread. She had just finished service to a huge noontime crowd, I was a little late. It was fantastic. Abbey's has great reviews all over town and the whole bill, less that $10 with my drink. That is the real deal at a great price. Highly recommended

united states
“abbey's real texas bar-b-q”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2007

I just love their food, especially the beef brisket and the pork shoulder. I have been going their for many years and i have to say it's the best bar-b-q in san diego!!! The workers do their job with profession and the owners Athena and Mattie Shlemon are the nicest!!! I highly recomend this restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!