“My mouth is still craving for more !!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sushi Ota

Sushi Ota
4529 Mission Bay Dr, San Diego, CA 92109-4920 (Pacific Beach)
858-270-5670
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Harvard, Massachusetts
“My mouth is still craving for more !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

For Sushi lovers this place is great !!! WE were visiting the San Diego area and friends bought us here and we loved it !!!
The tuna roll was delish along with the Salmon roll.
We had a enjoyable dinner and left satisfy !!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Atlanta, Georgia
“Food not worth the hostess and servers nasty attitude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a hole in the wall place that does not appreciate its customers. The servers were rude and we had to wait almost two hours for a seat. The food is not worth the drama. They need better management.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cave Springs, AR
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I showed up to Sushi Ota straight from the airport in the middle of the lunch rush with no reservation. They didn't have any tables available but we were able to sit at the sushi bar immediately. The sushi chefs were a joy to watch while they worked and were very sweet and interactive. My husband got the California Roll and loved it. I'm pregnant and staying away from sushi, but I had the beef teriyaki and was surprised at how delicious it was.

Really a wonderful restaurant - just remember to make a reservation!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, OR
“Amazing sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I eat a lot of sushi and sashimi. Being on the west coast, I also get a lot of really fresh fish - wild salmon, tuna. But typically, most of the other raw fish is just okay. I would say that Ota is one of the top 10 sushi experiences I've had. All the fish was exceptional - including the octopus! Typically, I don't like eating octopus because it tends to be too chewy, but this was practically melt in your mouth octopus. The quality and attention to detail far exceeds a typical sushi restaurants. My kids like to order the tamago nigiri - and for a lot of restaurants, it's thawed tamago that was purchased frozen from some distributor. But not this restaurant! They even took the time to put the name of the restaurant on it! And the quality goes beyond the sushi - it applies to the noodles and the soup too. And yes, it is extremely pricey but you pay for what you get. I left the restaurant really full but wanting to go back for dinner because it was so good! I just wish we had a sushi chef of that calibre in Portland. Service is quick and efficient - which is absolutely necessary considering the line to get into this place. Luckily, I had called ahead and made reservations so was able to sneak ahead of the line. I highly suggest recommendations - even for lunch on a weekday.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Your restaurant is packed at 5pm; are you serious?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Ok, I have never eaten at this restaurant, so I can't comment on its sushi. But I called to get a reservation two days in a row and they said that they didn't have anything until 9pm or 10pm. Then I asked if we showed up early at like 5pm could we get a table? They said "no, we are full at 5". Now, are you serious? What restaurant is full at 5pm? Are you trying to steer people away from the place just because you don't like people sitting down, eating sushi, and paying for it? I will not call this place again. They are not the only sushi place in town...