“Steak is What You Go There For” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ruth's Chris Steak House

Ruth's Chris Steak House
1355 North Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)
619 233 1422
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #171 of 3,755 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
San Diego, California
“Steak is What You Go There For”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The ribeye has always been excellent and the sides are always how you'd like them to turn out. The downtown San Diego location is very scenic, but make sure you have reservations especially on weekends and restaurant week.

Visited January 2013

Bathgate, United Kingdom
“unpleasantly suprised”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

On a holiday to San Diego from Scotland we tried this steak house as my husband had been to one in Toronto and had enjoyed it, so on his recommendation we went. Reserved table, had to wait 15 mins after reservation time, sat at table , ordered meal , my steak was undercooked, so I ate round sides, as I didnt want to make fuss, husbands steak overcooked and both steaks tasteless,left 3/4 of mine, so sad so say, we left not a very happy couple. I felt that the people who work there,felt they were above and beyond the best staff in the world, sorry but I have to disagree. I made the choice of eateries for the next week and most were much better.

Visited May 2013
Arlington, Texas
“Excellent steak and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I had dinner here and had the 16 oz bone in filet. One of the best steaks I've had. And being from Texas I know steak. Service was impeccable and the sunset view of the harbor was beautiful. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
USA
“The food is fabulose the service is bad enough to make me never want to go to any Ruth's Chris ever again!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went to the North Harbor Drive Ruth's Chris for dinner. When we walked in I told both of the hostesses present that we would be having no alcohol at our table because one of the guests had relapsed since multiple tries at rehab's. When we were seated I told our server Ricca that no alcohol was to be served at our table and that I would not be paying for any alcohol. She immediately asked if anyone wanted drinks when every one arrived.When the person with the problem order wine all of the adults at the table said that no alcohol was to be served at the table..Our guest went to the bathroom several times during the evening and each time went and ordered wine at the bar and apparently charged it to our table bill.I did not find out about this until I got my bill.Our server removed our friends lobster dinner from the table while she was gone to the "bathroom" without her permission and she tried to remove my salad plate with steak plates before I was finished. All the while not removing any other empty dirty dish from our table all evening.
The food was all excellent as always. When I went to pay the bill I asked to speak to the manager, the bill was timed at 5/5/13 at 6:03 PM. I explained about the very poor service,One glass of water for me just before the meal ended one refill on my soft drink as I was leaving the table. None of the dirty dishes were removed from the table except the lobster which was tossed and my food while I was still eating.He went and spoke to the server and came back and told me the lobster was in the bag and when I told him it was not he went and talked to the server again. He came back and told me he was taking the lobster and drinks off my bill..I thought this was a nice gesture since I had not asked to have the lobster taken off my bill because some of it was eaten. When I first spoke to him I told him I would not pay for the drinks charged to my table and that I had told everyone that before the meal.He went to the table and the server told him the lobster was in the bag of food which it was not. What I found out later after leaving the table RICCA was given $40 for some of the worst table service ever.She then presented a bill to my friends and told them I refused to pay for the lobster and drinks and that they had to pay for them which they did..The child at the table was very upset by this time because his Mother was drunk and on the way out he said what horrible service we had gotten.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Adelaide, Australia
“Awesome food, great view, expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Went here for a nice dinner out and it was better than we ever imagined. The steak was melt in your mouth steak and the mashed potatoes were so good!! The creme brulee was so yummy too!

Visited April 2013