“Very good breakfast. Reasonable price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mission Cafe & Coffee House

Mission Cafe & Coffee House
3795 Mission Blvd, San Diego, CA 92109 (Mission Beach)
(858) 488-9060
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Neighborhood: Mission Beach
Washington DC
“Very good breakfast. Reasonable price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Rated No. 10 restaurant so, we decided to go for breakfast. Although parking is an issue since it is one block from the beach, it was well worth it. We enjoyed a very large order of three blueberry pancakes the hash steak and potatoes with rosemary bread. While the steak was not to my liking - I prefer corn beef hash - it was good. I thought the potatoes were very good as well as the bread. So, if not for so many other breakfast restaurants rated highly, we would go back. Really enjoyed it and recommend it highly especially because the price was reasonable.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Hermantown, Minnesota
“Eclectic and Interesting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Yuppy, but not. Interesting and eclectic for sure. The banana granola pancakes are tasty and beautiful.

Visited April 2013
Aberdeen, New Jersey
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went for breakfast with my family. Long line (usually a good sign) that moved quickly. The bright and fresh interior was packed, but not crowded. The Mission has a varied menu with a lot of options. Service was prompt and friendly. Food had ample portions, top-notch presentation, and even better taste. Only regret is that we did not find this gem earlier in our trip. If you're driving, note that finding a street parking spot can be a challenge. There's a pay lot across the street if (when) you give up.

• Visited March 2013
Jena, Germany
“Brilliant food, excellent ambiance and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Went for a brunch with a friend. They were super packed but were were lucky to to find a table quickly. Numerous options for Breakfast. The two of us shared CHICKEN APPLE SAUSAGE & EGGS and BLUEBERRY PANCAKES and that was so much food that we had to literally drag ourselves out. Excellent food that was very tastefully presented. Great coffee as well! Oh and the staff was wonderful. Our served saw on the feedback card that we were visiting from Germany and immediately stuck up a conversation in broken German - turns out he was an exchange student in Germany once. Such a positive experience overall! Finding a parking spot close to the cafe is tricky though.

• Visited December 2012
Phoenix AZ
“This place is awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Eat here three times while renting a nearby beach house. Twice for breakfast and once for lunch. Every time it was amazing! First i tried the cinnamon bread french toast with scrambled eggs and bacon. The cinnamon bread itself was awesome but make it into french toast and it's ooff the charts. The twice smoked bacon was prefectly smokey and crisp. Eggs cooked perfectly, this was just a great breakfast! My friend had the chorizzo scramble and I would have stolen it if I had room. Don't be put off by the soy chorizzo, it's delicious! I couldn't tell the difference.

Next breakfast I tried the chorizzo con pappas. Wow, with black beans and the scrambled eggs this was heaven on a plate. My companions had the pancakes and raved about them too. I didn't try them as I was determined to finish my plate. still couldn't do it!

Lunch the next day was the Mission Nachos and beer. Both excellent. The nachos were fresh and flavorful with lots of beans, slasa and just enough cheese. We added jalapenos and they took this dish over the top. And again the serving was huge. Two of us couldn't finish them.

Service each time was fast and friendly. Coffee was fresh and tasty. I can't find fault with anything. Next time I go to Mission Beach I'll have a new criteria for our beach house, is it walking distance to the Mission?

• Visited March 2013