“Fabulous Restaurant in Little Italy” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Indigo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 4,094 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cedar
Transit: Trolley stop at Little Italy
Seattle
“Fabulous Restaurant in Little Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We recently were visiting San Diego and found a great restaurant. We were looking on our Passport card for a place close to our hotel and the Indigo Grill popped up. It is one of the best restaurants we have ever been to and is one of the many that Cohn Restaurant Group owns there. We didn't get to try the others but definitely will on other trips. The portions are large and fabulous. I had the vegetarian sampler called Good Things Growing and my husband had Pecan Trout. The service is very good and the ambiance very pleasing. I highly recommend trying this and probably any of their many restaurants. Deborah Scott is the chef and from what I read, an award winning chef at that. San Diego airport is close to downtown which is unusual compared to most cities. It is easy to get to Gaslamp district or Little Italy if you have a layover.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

baltimore, maryland
“Fine offbeat find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

our concierge suggested this restaurant as a good place for jet-lagged travelers to have a taste of San Diego. Great suggestion and great place to dine. We ate outdoors and enjoyed the beautiful local weather in November! Eclectic food and different combinations of foods made this a foodie find as well. Seriously ample portions and personalized service!

Visited November 2012
Arkansas
“Breakfast is Best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is a nice little grill not too far from the airport. Great for meeting colleagues who are flying in before heading to business. The food is good but just diner style food, nothing to write home about. Metered parking is usually available, which is a bonus in San Diego.

Visited August 2012
El Cajon, California
“a fine vegetarian dish for anyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I love trying different foods, especially when it's presentation is well thought out. I got the Good Things Growing dish which is a vegetarian "sampler" plate. I'm not a vegan but I wanted to try something different. I also got the Red Sangria, perfect pairing with my meal. Everything was yummy! My favorite was the butternut squash... I need to learn how to make this dish. Their portions are big! There was so much food that I couldn't finish so brought the rest home to take it for lunch the next day. It heated up well and was able to brag about this restaurant at work. The BF got the Porterhouse Pork, it was also huge. He was happy with his dinner but said parts of the pork was a little dry and the onion rings greasy. No complaints from me though, I hightly recommend this restaurant. It's located in Little Italy which is a great area for handholding walks :) and window shopping, the restaurant itself has a romantic feel with low lighting and cozy seating inside or out. It's a little on the pricey side but well worth it. Did I mention this is chef Deborah Scott restaurant!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Delicious Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We had a wonderful dinner at the Indigo Grill this past Sunday night. We started with some homemade bread and a luscious dipping/spreading sauce. I had the rojo chicken dish with some polenta and spaghetti squash; it was so yummy -- I would buy the sauce if they would bottle it. The presentation was equally awesome, I wish now I had taken a photo. My friends had the flatiron steak and the filet, which they loved also. An excellent bottle of Argentinian wine rounded off the meal. The staff was friendly and down-to-earth and decor was lovely but not over done. I recommend this restaurant and would definitely go back again.

• Visited October 2012