“Top of the Market” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 4,094 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway/Pacific Highway
Transit: Metropolitan Transit System busses stop right at the entrance of our parking lot on North Harbor Drive
Reno, Nevada
“Top of the Market”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is in a very scenic location, right next to the USS Midway. The downstairs restaurant was crowded, which we expected from previous TA reviews, so we made reservations for upstairs. The service was excellent and the halibut and cioppino very tasty. It did get quite warm during our meal, even though it was overcast. A nice meal but nothing exceptional.

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Excellent and fresh Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The day prior to our departure from San Diego, we visited this restaurant located on Harbor Drive next to the Midway Aircraft Carrier display. This used to be a Chinese restaurant some years ago and although the decor has changed, the view of the harbor is still as beautiful. My wife and I ordered scallop ceviche and split a platter of broiled seafood consistent of a skewer of cod, shrimp, scallops and vegetables. The portions were delicious, generous and enough for two people. The sour dough bread is the best I have ever tasted.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“The Oyster Bar with Juan....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've cooked for nearly forty years so when we go out I am picky....
I look for the experience not just flavor nor quality
But my choice to take my husband out for dinner and to sit at the Oyster Bar
We had an incredible meal, service was fantastic and the experience was spot on!!
I would recommend that you take a seat in Juan's section of the bar. And watch him masterly prepare your meal.....my hats off to you Juan ~ Maggy

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our evening at this restaurant. Location was fantastic. We waited for a window seat on the patio and it was a little quieter out here. We noticed the interior of the restaurant was quite loud, and I wouldn't want to pay these prices and sit in that noise level. (Sorry, but that isn't relaxing). Food and service was excellent . . . As was the sunset.

Visited June 2013
“Our experience was awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Last weekend, we visited this restaurant. We called ahead for reservations but were told that if only 6 people were in the party then they couldn't accept reservations. The entire party arrived together so we placed our name and went to have a drink. We were buzzed 45 minutes later and were seated at a beautiful table on the deck. It then took our waitress 15 minutes to visit. We just sat and waited. She finally arrived to take our drink order and we didn't see her again for 20 minutes. This foreshadowed our night. It took over an hour to get a water refill, the food was mediocre, the entire meal took over 3 hours and dishes were never cleared from the 3 appetizers we ordered. As we entered the taxi, our driver asked how was dinner? We informed him that it was terrible and he responded, "Every day I people tell me that same thing. When customers want to go there, I just shake my head and want to tell them to stay away." To add insult to injury, my husband and I had to head back to the hotel and stay near the bathroom because the meal didn't settle well.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere