“Very good gluten free desserts” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Very good gluten free desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This place was amazing to look at. The counter was full of wonderful concoctions all beautifully preserved with edible flower petals & even gold leaf. The cakes themselves looked so good as well.

My wife and I are gluten intolerant so it was refreshing that there were about 6 options we could have. As a group we all ordered these so we could all share and they were very good. A little too sickly sweet for my palate overall but I still enjoyed them. Everyone else loved them. I would recommend a scoop of ice cream to tone it down which one person in our group did & in my opinion heightened the experience greatly. Having said that they were very good & I wish there were a shop doing as good gluten free desserts near where I live!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Atlanta
“Exquisite Desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went here kinda late one night and thrilled they were open. Had the most divine chocolate cake with white chocolate sauce. It was moist and truly divine! I think this is a great place for a night cap:)

Visited May 2013
Wasilla, Alaska
“Best Desserts Out There!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Oh my this was wonderful. We were on vacation in California and I read about this place. I loved the selection and I believe it was the best place I have ever been to for desserts and the best desserts I have ever had! The only thing I wish is that they shipped their cakes out of state because I would already be ordering one or two! If you love desserts you must go!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“Sugar heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to the store on 5th Ave and had such a great experience we went back again. The store was cute and the cashier was super-friendly - that made a big difference in a first impression to see such beautiful desserts AND have such a friendly person greet us.

It was definitely eye candy to look at all the desserts in the case. The cashier told us we were there during "Happy Hour" and could get a dessert and coffee for $10. Heck, yeah, we splurged and got TWO happy hour orders. The presentation was gorgeous. I got a banana and whipped cream dessert (sorry, can't recall name), and my husband got some type of cheesecake. We weren't able to finish our desserts. I really wanted to try the ricotta cakes and planned to when I came back, but, understandably, they change the menu daily. We split a tres leches on our next visit. It was tasty, but a bit sweet for me. My husband got a brownie to go. Talk about chocolate OD in the best kind of way!

I looked at the cake menu and saw so many yummy descriptions. My vacation, however, came to an end (and my waistline was no doubt grateful for this!).

I'd wholeheartedly recommend going at least once on your visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Twentynine Palms, California
“Excellent Desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was visiting San Diego to celebrate happy occasions with some friends. After enjoying a nice dinner, we left room for dessert. We initially drove by Extraordinary Desserts on Union Street and the line outside was absolutely ridiculous. I could not believe that so many people would be standing in a line after 8pm for dessert. We didn't want to wait there so we went to the location on 5th Ave and found a line there as well. I think we were in line for about 40 minutes before we were able to place our order. As we were waiting in line, two of us went to take a look at the display case so that when we got to the front we would know what to order. It seems like deciding what to get is one of the reasons for such a long line. They have so many eye appealing options that you really cannot decide what you want. The four of us ALL enjoyed our desserts and now understand why the lines are so darn long. I gave them four circles because of the wait time and I think the slices could be a little bigger for the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere