“Solid Asia Fusion Cuisine” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cuenca, Ecuador
“Solid Asia Fusion Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Bistro d'Asia used to be great, then went through the doldrums for a few years, and now appears to be performing at it's former, higher standard. A few friends and I recently had lunch and it was well prepared and delicious. The quick-fried calamari appetizer was hot and perfectly cooked. I ordered the wok-fried orange chicken and it was just fine. The sushi at Bistro d'Asia is solid, if a bit unremarkable. They offer a lunch menu that's a good value, and I always feel that I've gotten my money's worth here. The service is attentive, friendly, and relaxed.

Bistro d'Asia has always been a fun place to enjoy a good lunch on a sunny day. Being so close to the Hotel del Coronado, the people-watching while seated at one of the tables out front is world-class. Bistro d'Asia is dog-friendly too. We usually stop in after a visit to the Coronado Dog Beach (one of the best in the San Diego area), and the staff always pampers my dogs.

I like Bistro d'Asia for a lot of reasons, and I recommend it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“A mixed review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a terrific (!) Calamari salad that we shared. We also had a number of sushi rolls. They were only OK. I was surprised that there was no Japanese sushi chef. We were very put-off when what appeared to be a customer went behind the sushi station (talking to the "chefs") and started picking up food and sampling it with his fingers. Some of my friends that were there go often and love it.

Visited May 2013
Northern Ireland
“Excellent Asian cuisine! Sushi fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Ate here last night,

Very quiet, but the restaurant has a nice ambience. Lots of tables which I'm sure are packed out in High Season.

I ordered duck pancakes which were lovely, and just the right size.
For my main I ordered the sushi.
Would highly recommend the Coronado Roll. 10pcs- containing Crab, shrimp, salmon, avocado and other bits.
Gorgeous and not as fishy tasting as it sounds. Anyway too big to finish so took the rest home.

The wine list is also pretty good too.
Our server enjoyed the fact we were Irish. He had a couple of jokes involving paddy Irishmen. His Witt was far funnier tho, and one remark had us laughing for about 10mins. Quite a character.

A really positive experience, and would highly recommend!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Love the happy hour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Sat outside, had a few food selections, which were very reasonable on their happy hour menu, like a rainbow roll and spicy salmon. Was able to try a few things I have never ordered before. Also had a great martini made with cold saki and Chambord. Very relaxing. Service was great!

Visited March 2013
Portland
“Sleep Easy, Panda Express”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I suppose I should start by saying we didn't have sushi & maybe that's their strength. We did, however, have way over-cooked vegetables that had some vaguely Szechwan sauce & orange chicken that was supposed to be spicy but wasn't. It was tough, though. So was the rice. The tea was very good, & so was the service. But if you're looking for authentic Chinese, don't come here.

• Visited March 2013