“Awesome location. Laid back place. I'd stay again.” 4 of 5 stars

You added California Dreams Backpacker's Hostel to your Saves list
California Dreams Backpacker's Hostel
743 Emerald St, San Diego, CA 92109 (Pacific Beach)   |
Canmore, Canada
“Awesome location. Laid back place. I'd stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Not the cleanest hostel in the world. But then, when you're on the beach, what place doesn't have sand on the floor?

Not a lot of public space, but the gang seems to congregate on the sidewalk out front and in a rear courtyard. Easy to meet fellow travelers. A bit of a party-crowd, but not overwhelming if you're not into it.

Very easy to meet people. Mostly a younger crowd. The odd freaked-out one passing through. But heh, that makes it interesting.

The location makes up for any negatives, in my view. I slept like a baby in the dorms. Had a blast meeting the other travelers. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Families
Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I don't usually write reviews, I'm more of the guy who looks but doesn't write unfortunately. But I wanted to warn anyone who is planning on staying with these people. They called and cancelled my reservation at 10:15 pm the night before I was to arrive, saying they had someone who wanted to stay an extra night... When I told him I paid a deposit he told me it wasn't his problem, that was paid to the booking agency (hostelworld). Now I've got to find someplace else and my plane leaves in 7 hours.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Been to California Dreams Backpacker's Hostel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about California Dreams Backpacker's Hostel

Address: 743 Emerald St, San Diego, CA 92109
Location: United States > California > San Diego > Pacific Beach
Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking
Ranked #35 of 54 Specialty Lodging in San Diego
Our mission at California Dreams Backpacker's Hostel is to offer you a clean, safe and relaxed environment so our guests can enjoy all the great "So Cal" life style and come back to a nice and quiet place to Dream about tomorrow's new adventures... But for those who want to keep the "Dream" alive, Pacific Beach offers over 100 bars and clubs that are guaranteed fun. Because of our small size, guests and staff here really get to know each other. In the hostel, there's a lot of socializing, playing games, music swapping, etc. We also frequently go out with the guests to see sights, surf and other fun stuff. Planning your new trip to San Diego? Dude what are you waiting for? Check our rates and availability, book online or give us a call! We'll see you soon... ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelBookers so you can book your California Dreams Backpacker's Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage California Dreams Backpacker's Hostel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.