“Great Mexican food fast and furious!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Great Mexican food fast and furious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I visited El Indio on a recent trip to San Diego, it is a Diners, Drive-ins and Dives Joint! It is also right next door to Blue Water Seafood (another Triple D spot). The food is great served up fast and furious, if you like Mexican food this is definitely one of the best places in San Diego for it.

Visited February 2013

Cameron Park, California
“How can you make bad refried beans?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place may be famous but they forgot why. The beans and rice were way too salty. None of us took a second bite. My burrito was supposed to have chicken in it. If it did, it would take a forensic scientist to prove it. Maybe they get a kick out of giving a gringo the hottest hot sauce. I was not amused. I couldn't eat it. I did come to appreciate the soda fountain since I spent quite a lot of time getting refills to cool my throat.

Visited March 2013
Park Hill, Oklahoma
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've wanted to go here since my last trip to San Diego when I saw a line out the door. So delicious! I got the carnitas taco and carna asada taco, wow so much meat, one was plenty. It came with beans and rice. The meat was moist and super flavorful. Not a little taco. They have a salsa bar and we got guacamole. One of the best Mexican restaurants I've tried. Make a trip, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Casual, Fresh Chips, Classic SD!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Classic. I will freely admit that there are menu items that are "Meh." But then there's fresh chips, enchiladas, and great customer service. It can get crowded, not the most charming interior but I come here often and fondly! They've been in existence for many years, 60, 70 years so I might be biased as a native girl but I do enjoy my visits every time! Make use of the salsa bar =)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Poway, California
“Great Mexican Food.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is a by far one of the best mexican food restaurants that we have had in San Diego....The carne asada burrito is so good and has probably the best flavor I have ever had in a burrito. The tamales are so wonderful that we placed an order during Christmas of a few dozen of the beef and chicken tamales. We really liked the beef a lot better that the chicken and we love to dip them in the enchilada sauce. The chips and guacamole are ok. They have a dish that has little taquito bites with nacho cheese and salsa and jalapenos on them and those are soooo yummy too. We live about 20 to 30 minutes from here but we make the trip often. If you are in the mood for some awesome authentic mexican food this is the place to go.

• Visited February 2013