“Overrated?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #699 of 4,100 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Chinese
“Overrated?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

After reading review, we decided to try Dumpling inn. We arrived at 5 pm during weekdays.
We wait for 2 hours to get a table! Like other reviewers mentioned, they only have 10 tables so waiting time does not necessary reflected on the food. During the wait, we found out that you can call them ahead so they put you on the waiting queue. Do call them if you want to go there!

We ordered dumplings and noodle soup. The dumplings are OK (not great) .. The noodle soup is so so, maybe a bit too much MSG too. I might have ordered wrong things

Price is reasonable. However, it will be a while before i tried it again for other food.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Try It At Least Once”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

It's worth the wait to at least try this place one time. If you like dumplings, and are in San Diego, this is the place to go. There will be a wait, but we enjoyed bringing our own beer from the market next door.

Visited March 2012
“Gotta try it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was a bit hesitant about writing a review about Dumpling Inn, primarily because it is my favorite place and it only has about 10 tables. I did not want to share with others the joy this place bring to my palate since I didn't want to increase the already long wait during peak hours. Although I wont claim that this place has the best Chinese food I've ever had, I dare say that you'll find something you'll love at this hidden gem. I absolutely love this place not because of the atmosphere, value or service, which could be better; I love this place because the food is that good.

• Visited May 2012
San Diego
“Great place to go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We like almost everything we tried on the menu, sea bass is our all time favorite!

• Visited February 2012
SM
“Pretty darn good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Amazing Kung Pao sea bass and of course dumplings. Like being at someones home for dinner except with hungry people staring you down to get your table.

• Visited April 2012