“Fantastic pizza and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dallas, Texas
“Fantastic pizza and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is probably the best pizza in San Diego, and in general it's a great place for authentic Italian food. I also love the ample outdoor seating. My litmus test is always the Margherita and it delivered (specifically I had the Regina Margherita). I also enjoyed the house wine and their tiramisu for dessert. Looking around at others' dishes, I would definitely return to try a few of the entrees. It looks like they have specials every day from the "cucina." An awesome addition to the developing San Diego food scene.

Wormit, Fife
“Just in the nick of time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We arrived at 6:10 and I dropped my husband off to stand in the line while I circled for a parking place. The restaurant had not long been open but was already full on a Monday night! Standing in line behind several parties of 4 the outlook looked grim but, to my surprise, an outside table for 2 in the balmy San Diego evening light was available and we were quickly shown to our table.
Despite the hustle and bustle of a restaurant "on song" we were served quickly and had the best meatballs and the best pizzas we've eaten outside Italy, washed down with a couple of good glasses of wine. No wonder there were so many Italian voices in this gem of a restaurant. On the edge of South Park, an up and coming neighborhood in San Diego, it's well worth the hunt. A phone call in advance of your arrival can get your name put on the day's waiting list, they do not take reservations for groups less than 6. Buon appetito!

• Visited June 2014
Turks and Caicos
“San Diego Must Do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Excellence in San Diego. You may have to wait for a short while to get a table here, but it will be well worth it. The food is nothing short of fantastic and is an exciting new take on timeless classics. Very authentic Italian fare from an owner who very involved in the service aspect of this Italian eatery.

san francisco
“The pizza made my top 10 list”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Located in the South Park neighborhood, one of the best Pizzas ever, top 10. I had the Proscuitto. Our server was fast and friendly,. We called ahead and got on the wait list, very important. There is almost always a wait, but hey, if you're good, you're busy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Arizona
“Top of the line food and experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Great neighborhood restaurant tucked away in a residential neighbor. Incredible charm, amazing food and an all around great vibe. All of my food was perfect from the appetizers we shared, to the main course and the dessert. The service is a little slow but that's part of the Italian experience, if you're expecting an in & out hash house experience you'll be disappointed. Get some wine, enjoy your food and company. You won't be sorry. The prices are very reasonable if you ask me. The three of of indulged greatly and our final bill was only $120 minus tip. Well worth every cent.