“Not sure I want to write this... don't want to compete for a room next time I visit” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar

Free Parking
Ranked #12 of 268 hotels in San Diego
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great new hotel. Less than a month since opening, so obviously cleanliness is not an issue. Rooms are more than comfortable, great amenities. Great staff. People are always the most important part and I have nothing but good things to say about the every interaction I had with the staff.

Only knock on the hotel is that the evening hospitality happy hour is only M-W... it says a lot when the only thing you can complain about is not getting enough free beer..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kiyomi C, Director of Sales at Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hi SemperBj,

Thank you for your kind words! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to take part in our Social Hour experience. With two local brews on tap, plenty of good food and great company- it's definitely the place to be Monday-Wednesday evenings! You're welcome to use the grill next time you're in town to continue the fun on Thursday or Friday :). We hope to see you again soon!

Cheers,

Kiyomi

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I live in San Diego and when we decided to have a mini Staycation, we chose this new hotel close to the Del Mar fairgrounds/Horse track and within a mile of many excellent restaurants. It was very convenient to get to the beach, stroll through the village of Del Mar or take in the horse races. Immediately upon arrival, we were very pleased. They spared no expense on this property. There is an abundance of art and sculptures throughout the property. The rooms are very spacious, comfortable and well appointed, everything I have come to expect and beyond from a Marriott property. The lobby was very inviting with comfortable couches, flat screens and WIFI. The complementary breakfast was great, serving eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereals, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, pastries and even a staffed Belgian waffle station. The complementary happy hour serves micro brews, wine and soft drinks. A great way to mingle and meet your fellow travelers. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone coming to San Diego for business or pleasure and to all San Diegans that want to experience a great getaway in their own home town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear George B,

We appreciate your recent "staycation" with us and we were happy to hear you enjoyed our new hotel. We hope that you will tell friends and family about our hotel when they come into visit. Hope to see you again the next time you are thinking of a "staycation."

Torrance, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for one night, visiting family in the area. Beautiful new hotel, the lobby was clean & had large couches to lounge on with flat screen tv to watch. There was also coffee/tea in the lobby for us. Rooms were very clean, check in was quick, front desk very helpful. Pool was very small considering how many rooms they have and no jacuzzi. They do have a nice bbq outside next to pool and an outdoor fireplace patio area. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, lots to choose from, and they have a mini waffle maker (bonus points for families).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Twinmom8,

We truly appreciate you choosing our new hotel when traveling to the San Diego area. It certainly sounded like your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We were happy to hear you took advantage of our "hot" complimentary breakfast served daily. The next time you and the family come out, you will have to join us for one of our Social Receptions. On Tuesday nights, we utilize our outdoor grill to prepare hamburgers and hot dogs along with all the sides. Local beer is on tap along with red and white wine which is all available complimentary to our guest. Hope to see you then!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This new hotel makes business travel easy. It is centrally located in San Diego near the all the big biotech companies and my destination Qualcomm. I was impressed with their friendly staff and free cocktails each evening of my stay. My last night there, I found out that they are pet friendly too... So next time I travel to San Diego on business I won't have to leave my dog at home.

Room Tip: I moved rooms to one on the South side because it had more of a view of Torrey Pines State Park.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Casey G, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear John F,

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I was happy to hear that you found our location ideal for both business in the area in addition to nearby attractions, such as the Del Mar Race Track, Torrey Pines State Park, and local beaches. We would love to give you directions to a nearby beach that you can also take your dog to the next time you come and visit. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed here and had a wonderful experience. It is brand new so the rooms are in beautiful condition and the lobby area looks more like a Ritz Carlton than a Residence Inn. I really liked all of the decor throughout as well- the art in our room was photographs of San Diego scenery; a nice touch as many Marriotts that I have stayed at have the really generic art. The staff was warm, friendly and helpful. I also really liked the free Happy Hour that they offered to their guests- good beer and heavy appetizers that filled me up. The location is great also- close to the beach and Torrey Pines State Park where we took a beautiful hike. I loved our one bedroom suite- it felt like my own condo and I didn't want to leave. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Katinora,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and I was thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed our hotel.
We just opened our doors on July 3rd and are very excited to host many guest like yourself during the busy Summer season. We would love to have you back when your travels bring you to San Diego.

Casey Grieme

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Del Mar? Share your experiences!