“Good drinks, fun environment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Benihana

Benihana
477 Camino Del Rio S, San Diego, CA 92108-3502 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)
619-298-4666
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #362 of 3,683 Restaurants in San Diego
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Cross street: 8 FWY and 163 FWY
San Diego, California
“Good drinks, fun environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Great place to go with friends for any special occasion. Very entertaining cooks and delicious food.

san diego
“Yes I would like some Garlic Butter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We try to make it here once a year for my wife's birthday, and when we do, we come out very happy and satisfied. Drinks good, food nice and hot, also love the best fried rice on the planet. Lobster and Fillet mix is very tasty, and yes have it with the garlic butter. A little secret.. go on their website and register, you get a certificate for your birthday, covers a meal..enjoy

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ladera Ranch, California
“Saturday Night Dinner for 11 Oh Boy!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Well I can't say enough about this place we showed up for our 9 o'clock reservation and they were so quick to seat us and get our order in then the chef came out and did the volcano/Choo Choo Train. Our kids Loved it, the Food was Yummy as usual. A family favortie for all of us. Great Food, great Service and a Great entertaining time...

Visited August 2012
Victorville, California
“Reservations??????”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I went on a Tues and Wed nite or shall I say, I tried...at 5pm they said they had a wait of 4 hrs, really? Okay, so called the next day at noon and they were still booked up to 9pm at nite. That is crazy, their food isn't that great...did you all lose all your chefs???

Visited July 2012
San Diego, California
“A Great Beginning....but Lackluster End...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Firstly,we really like Benihana and have feasted at many different locations throughout the years. This one was a bit disappointing, although our chef was a gem...fun, entertaining, and experienced. Once seated, the service started well, but started falling apart once the actual cooking began. The cocktail waitress spilled a drink, our fellow diners never got the rice they ordered, my companion was kept waiting for drink refills. The dinner was predictable and good, although my steak was a bit tough...something I never experienced at other locations. Would I return....yes, but probably not this location. And....it can be pricey.