“This is my new number place for plate lunches in San Diego.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,105 of 4,100 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Barbecue, Hawaiian, Bar, Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Hidden Gem lost amongst a quiet business park in Grantville. From the outside, it looks like a drab 70's era warehouse, but the gem is revealed as you step inside. This place is spacious with big picnic sized tables centering the dining room and smaller two-and four-seater tables aligning the Hawaiiana decorated walls. The bar is handcrafted and has dozens of local, Hawaiian, and imported craft beers. A foosball table is to the left of a small stage area where they have live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. The two big screen TVs are usually on sports or something funky while kick-back tunes play in the background.
San Diego, California
“This is my new number place for plate lunches in San Diego.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I had lunch today at this great find. I am always looking for a traditional Hawaiian plate lunch with Kalua Pork, 2 scoop rice and 1 scoop macaroni salad. My wife wanted something more salad oriented. I ordered my favorite and my wife ordered the mixed green salad with seared ahi. However, the waitress recommended the special ahi salad wrap instead. Our reaction to both dishes WOW!. The wrap was perfectly accented with just right amout of wasabi to not overcome all of the other flavors. The veggies were crisp and fresh and the ahi cooked perfectly. My plate lunch was what I look for in Hawaii, but better. The portions were substantial and every thing tasted great.

This is my new number place for plate lunches in San Diego.

• Visited August 2013

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Hometown Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was visiting my hometown and friends took me there for lunch. Awesome food and the owner was very friendly!!! I will definitely head back there next time in San Diego. I wish they had a location in TN...Hmmm Huli Gravy and Biscuits anyone??? Try it out it is a hidden gem for locals.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newbury Park, California
“Authentic Hawaiian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

You have to use your GPS to find this place. Huli chicken, Kalua Pork, Poke and all other hawaiian favorites are here.

• Visited July 2013
San Diego, California
“Hidden Gem in Mission Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Looking for quality Hawaiian food for a reasonable price? Chris' Ono Grinds Cafe & Grill in Grantville can't be beat. This is not one of those strip mall "Hawaiian BBQ" places serving tired teriyaki from chafing dishes. It's located in an industrial park off of Mission Gorge but the interior decor is nice. They have lots of great fish dishes, sandwiches, pupus, and an amazing beer selection! I've never had a bad meal here, great place for happy hour too!

• Visited January 2013