“Serendipity ” 4 of 5 stars

5059 Newport Ave Ste 102, San Diego, CA
Improve this listing
Ranked #467 of 4,043 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Ice Cream
Description: Ocean Beach area-- YUM! 144 reviews on YELP.
Description: Ocean Beach area-- YUM! 144 reviews on YELP.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Serendipity ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The ice cream is tasty but the proximity to the beach made it extra tasty. The staff was friendly, offering samples and not making us rush to a decision. The ice cream was as good as any small shop and better than most big chains. After indulging we walked to the beach and watched the sunset.

Seattle, Washington
“Best Ice Cream In Ocean Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at the Ocean Beach Hotel and Lighthouse ice Cream was right across the street. After a few days of Mexican food, our palates were screaming for some ice cream! Lighthouse satisfied....plenty of flavors to choose from, plenty of toppings, several varieties of cones to choose from. Had I not ate so much Mexican, I probably would have tried a Waffle Ice Cream...they looked wonderful!

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson
“November 2012”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We always manage to get to the Lighthouse at least a couple of times to get our ice cream fix. They have great service and a lot of flavors of ice cream to choose.

Visited November 2012
“Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich...get one.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband introduced me to this hole-in-a-wall, saying the waffle ice cream sandwich was "one of the best desserts ever". It takes a lot to impress him, & he's hardly ever wrong when it comes to food, so I was eager to try it!
I ordered an apple cinnamon waffle w/ mint chip ice cream & he had an original w/ pistachio almond. It was delicious! We walked one block down to the beach w/ our little one (who tried a few bites of ours too) & enjoyed watching the waves. I was impressed at how the ice cream didn't melt even tho it was sandwiched between 2 warm waffles, & didn't end up a mess like you'd expect on a warm day. It actually ended up being our "lunch" that day, it was so good & filling :)
If the kiddo hadn't eaten already I probably would have ordered her something from their "mini" ice cream menu too. This place is a little out of the way for us, but definitely worth the drive!

Los Angeles, California
“Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Delicious! We got the original waffle with blueberry cheesecake and it was AMAZING! I haven't tried the other flavors but blueberry cheesecake is awesome! It's only $2.95 flat. It's cash only! The waffle sandwich is wrapped for you to eat like a sandwich. I have super sensitive teeth so I couldn't bite into it. So I had to scoop the ice cream with a spoon and bite into the waffle.

• Visited September 2012