“Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich...get one.” 5 of 5 stars

5059 Newport Ave Ste 102, San Diego, CA
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 82 Ice Cream in San Diego
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Ocean Beach area-- YUM! 144 reviews on YELP.
“Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich...get one.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband introduced me to this hole-in-a-wall, saying the waffle ice cream sandwich was "one of the best desserts ever". It takes a lot to impress him, & he's hardly ever wrong when it comes to food, so I was eager to try it!
I ordered an apple cinnamon waffle w/ mint chip ice cream & he had an original w/ pistachio almond. It was delicious! We walked one block down to the beach w/ our little one (who tried a few bites of ours too) & enjoyed watching the waves. I was impressed at how the ice cream didn't melt even tho it was sandwiched between 2 warm waffles, & didn't end up a mess like you'd expect on a warm day. It actually ended up being our "lunch" that day, it was so good & filling :)
If the kiddo hadn't eaten already I probably would have ordered her something from their "mini" ice cream menu too. This place is a little out of the way for us, but definitely worth the drive!

Los Angeles, California
“Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Delicious! We got the original waffle with blueberry cheesecake and it was AMAZING! I haven't tried the other flavors but blueberry cheesecake is awesome! It's only $2.95 flat. It's cash only! The waffle sandwich is wrapped for you to eat like a sandwich. I have super sensitive teeth so I couldn't bite into it. So I had to scoop the ice cream with a spoon and bite into the waffle.

• Visited September 2012