“Great information, interesting stories, professional guide!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Walking tours
Attraction Details
Rapid City, South Dakota
16 attraction reviews
“Great information, interesting stories, professional guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We took this ghost tour on a Friday Night, which may be why we had quite a large group of people on the tour. There are no reservations, you just show up at the large fountain in the courtyard. I was a bit worried we might not be able to hear Michael, the guide, when I saw the number of people signed up for the tour, but I didn't have a problem at all. I liked the fact that he didn't sensationalize the stories, just reported what his own experiences have been and those that others have told him. He said from the get go that he wasn't here to make a believer out of anyone and that he was merely passing along his experience. Having three somewhat skeptical teenagers in the group, I was glad for that! At the conclusion of the tour, we were able to see photos, video and audio that he has captured and to decide for ourselves what we heard or saw. It was an entertaining evening and an interesting tour!

Visited June 2013

Seattle, Washington
60 attraction reviews
“Not ghost tour but great educational experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Very nice tour with a lot of history around old San Diego. We would not say that this was a ghost tour. Plan to spend at least 5-6 hours to see everything.

Visited June 2012
LI
50 attraction reviews
“Lots of fun and educational too-though more for adults”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The actors , all in costume were all wonderful, and the stories they told very interesting. Some small children might be frightened by some of the characters, and some might not understand all the stories. This is really an adult show.

Visited October 2012
california
7 attraction reviews
“Ghost hunt not a tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

While in San Diego recently, for a weekend getaway, the wife and I decided to go on a ghost hunt. This company does both a tour and a hunt. Having taken ghost tours before we decided to try something a little different. Let me start by saying that we believe in ghosts and have hunted them and experienced them all over the western U.S. With that said We always approach these events with an open mind and low expectations based on all the hype going on with all the ghost hunting shows on TV these days. Our host was professional and got right to the point. He took us to several known haunted areas in and around old town. Gave us EMF detectors led us to areas where there was activity and explained his own personal experiences. this was not a tour but when asked a question about the locations we visited He had all the information of the local lore and history. As a previous reviewer wrote He seems to be a bit robotic in his delivery but my take on this is He is more concerned about his credibility than than hype and salesmanship. Just my opinion. If you are interested in an actual ghost hunt than this is the right choice for you. If you are interested in a tour with history and ghost stories I would recommend looking into one of the other tours. Either one will be entertaining and informative it just depends on what you are looking for.

Visited September 2012
Southern Cali
16 attraction reviews
“Not a good Ghost Tour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This tour needs more history. The tour guide takes you around Old Town, which is a cool little town and he shows you locations of where he has seen activity or where there is activity said to be seen. I enjoy knowing more about who lived in these homes and I wish he would dig deeper into the history of the locations so that when people like me are seeing or feeling things around he can validate it.

He also takes you into an area at the end of the tour and shows you pictures he has got and noises he has on tape. We can see all of that stuff on tv and I thought it was a waste of time. While his blob pictures are really cool, he needs to put more effort into his tour and be in the moment. He is so robotic in his speaking it made me feel he didn't even want to be there.

If you are ever in New Orleans, look for the Bloody Mary tour, now that was an amazing tour.

Visited July 2012