“Great hotel, fab location” 5 of 5 stars

Omni San Diego Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   675 L Street, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #3 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Philadelphia, PA
“Great hotel, fab location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here for a conference at the convention center. Fantastic location - walked to the convention center and plenty of restaurants within walking distance with a wide range of choices. Room was beautiful, clean, and very quiet. Room service was excellent - good food and good service. Really couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Omni is a great hotel if you're in San Diego for business. I was there for pleasure, but I believe that the hotel is geared more toward the business traveler than the tourist. It is across the street from the Convention Center, and only steps away from the restaurants in the Gaslamp District. The hotel was very clean and modern, but in a rather bland way. It was comfortable enough, but not so comfortable that I wanted to stay much longer. it doesn't have a "wow" factor, and that's ok, as long as you know that ahead of time.

That said, my room on the 14th floor had a lovely view of the Coronado bridge and the Bay. The bed was not as comfortable as I've had in other hotels, but it was serviceable. The bathroom had shutters that opened to the room, which doesn't afford a lot of privacy (even when closed), so be aware if that bothers you. I didn't mind. The bathroom was exceptionally clean (a big plus!), but the shower pressure left something to be desired. My only complaint with the condition of the hotel is that the carpets in the hallway were a bit worn and lumpy. The hallway carpets made me concerned that my room wasn't going to be in good shape, but my fears were unwarranted.

The front desk staff were all very friendly and professional.

If you don't need to valet, save yourself some money and self-park in the garage across the street. The price (which may fluctuate depending on whether there is a baseball game at Petco Park), was at least $10 cheaper per night than the valet. Also, sign up for the Omni loyalty program ahead of time, to save the $9.99/day internet fee.

There are a lot of hotels in the same area from which to choose. I would return to the Omni only if I had a great deal, or if I was in San Diego for business.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I joined a friend who was staying for a work conference. The room was spacious and comfortable and very well appointed. It's in a great location and we walked to the waterfront where we saw one of the most gorgeous sunsets I've seen. We were also able to walk pretty much anywhere we wanted downtown so that was easy.

The only blip in the trip was the phone call I got in the morning from the valet - that my car's convertible roof had been slashed! What?! My first thoughts were: you've got to be kidding and what am I going to tell my aunt who had graciously let me borrow her car for my trip!? And how the heck am I going to pay for this one?! I went down to meet with the head valet person, Gary, and he as well as the rest of the staff in the lobby were really helpful and handled the situation beyond well.

Gary showed me the car - the roof was indeed slashed through and the thief/thieves had rifled through all the contents of the car - but took nothing. There was nothing for them to take - and no, I hadn't left anything in sight for someone to think appealing. Luckily for me, they hadn't bothered looking in the trunk where I had quite a few things I bought and left in there.

It could have been a total disaster as I had been planning on leaving shortly to head back to LA where I was staying next. Gary said the hotel would be taking full responsibility in getting the car fixed and they would rent me a car that I could use until my car was ready. Gary and the Omni went above and beyond to be helpful and friendly in light of the situation. I am so grateful for them repairing the car fully and taking charge to get it done. I really can't say how thankful I am!!

I will absolutely stay at this and any other Omni hotel again. And I've been telling all my friends how wonderfully the whole situation was handled. Everyone has been super impressed (myself included). Thank you Omni and Gary for all of your help and taking responsibility for fixing my car!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here Dec 15-17 with my boyfriend for a weekend getaway and we also had tickets to see the Chargers game. One of the BEST hotel stays I have ever had. The staff was so helpful from the beginning of booking. I signed up for their loyalty program which I highly recommend! We were able to select two free drinks each with it, every morning and they were delivered right on time. Location was perfect. Gaslamp is right there within walking distance, we walked to all our restaurants. We were only about 20 minutes driving from Qualcomm Stadium. Bell men were always opening the door and asking us if we needed directions. Rooms are spacious, clean and the beds are so comfy we didnt want to leave! One thing I would change is their pillows, they were feather so as soon as you lay down they sunk in. We called the front desk and they recommended the foam pillows to try and within 5 minutes we had perfect pillows! Hotel was very attentive. I definitely stay here again and possibly at their other locations as well. Thank you Omni for making traveling easy!!

• Stayed December 2012
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Hotel is Superb, starting from the entrance where you are greeted very nicely by the hotel staff, check in was very fast and hassle free.

The rooms are very spacious with a very nice view of the Bay Area. Room is very well furnished and all bathroom amenities are excellent. A bonus for me was the abundance of towels in the bathroom, unlike some hotels where towels are usually limited.

The hotel is situated in the beautiful gas lamp quarter and is very close to tons of restaurants. It is also a 5 min walk from either the convention center or Hilton Bay Front Hotel (Where several conferences and events take place)

Strongly recommend this hotel to any one staying in the Bay Area in San Diego.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
paradise, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Located a block away from the Gas Lamp, where you can find wonderful food and drinks. The trolley is a short walk and and it can be used to go from Old Town to Tijuana. We found the staff to be outstanding and we had a beautiful room with a great view of the Coronado Bridge.

Room Tip: We elected to upgrade to the "premier king room" for a few dollars more.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Everybody there was very attentive to our needs. Concierge appeared confident and knowledgeable. Centrally located downtown and near the convention center. Adjacent the trolley/local rail. A bike path/running path between the rail lines.

Room Tip: Get a room facing to the west for a view of the convention center. Beautiful colors when the sun se...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Omni San Diego Hotel? Share your experiences!