“Superb Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Omni San Diego Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   675 L Street, San Diego, CA 92101 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #5 of 268 hotels in San Diego
Cairo, Egypt
“Superb Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Hotel is Superb, starting from the entrance where you are greeted very nicely by the hotel staff, check in was very fast and hassle free.

The rooms are very spacious with a very nice view of the Bay Area. Room is very well furnished and all bathroom amenities are excellent. A bonus for me was the abundance of towels in the bathroom, unlike some hotels where towels are usually limited.

The hotel is situated in the beautiful gas lamp quarter and is very close to tons of restaurants. It is also a 5 min walk from either the convention center or Hilton Bay Front Hotel (Where several conferences and events take place)

Strongly recommend this hotel to any one staying in the Bay Area in San Diego.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

2,044 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
paradise, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Located a block away from the Gas Lamp, where you can find wonderful food and drinks. The trolley is a short walk and and it can be used to go from Old Town to Tijuana. We found the staff to be outstanding and we had a beautiful room with a great view of the Coronado Bridge.

Room Tip: We elected to upgrade to the "premier king room" for a few dollars more.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Everybody there was very attentive to our needs. Concierge appeared confident and knowledgeable. Centrally located downtown and near the convention center. Adjacent the trolley/local rail. A bike path/running path between the rail lines.

Room Tip: Get a room facing to the west for a view of the convention center. Beautiful colors when the sun se...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I live in San Diego and stayed here with friends for a bachelorette party. The room was very comfy, and had a spectacular view of the Coronado bridge and the bay. The hotel is conveniently located! We were able to walk to the restaurant and many bars & lounges. One of the things I loved the most is how quiet the room was! There were people staying in rooms next door, and you couldn't even hear them in the hallway. The trolley stops right outside of the hotel also, couldn't hear that either! I loved that there was a little sitting area in front of the windows with the view, it was a very nice touch. We were very satisfied with our room!

The only not so great thing is that you have to park in a garage across the street by the ballpark. I still gave the hotel a 5 because in downtown San Diego, parking is NEVER good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
tkermabon, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear "COgirlinCA,"

Thank you very much for your kind words and 5-star TripAdvisor rating after your recent stay at the Omni San Diego Hotel. I agree that our location is unbeatable in that we're so centrally located between the Gaslamp, the Convention Center, Petco Park, the Trolley station, and so many local attractions. I am very happy to hear you found your accommodations comfortable and quite. The recent commencement of a local Quiet Zone ordinance that prevents trains from sounding their horns unless in an emergency has brought great peace to this busy neighborhood, much to the pleasure of local residence and visitors alike.

One note I'd like to make is that, in addition to self parking options across the street, we do also offer valet parking from our entrance. That is the most convenient option and costs $35 for overnight parking with unlimited in and out privileges.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Omni when your travel plans allow it.

Best regards,
Thomas Kermabon
Director of Operations
Omni San Diego Hotel
(619) 645-6530
Oahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Prior to my arrival I signed up for their loyalty program. It's the best thing that I could've done! I also contacted Ashley to request a late checkout as my flight didn't leave till 4:30p. Ashley kindly extended my checkout till 2:00p at no extra charge. I also requested a treadmill as I had read the hotel overview and saw that they had "Get fit" rooms. Ashley had a treadmill in my room and I was charged a nominal one-time fee of $15. I could've participated in the gym or pool but I loved this option which allowed me to workout at my convenience. The service staff was wonderful except the young ladies working in the Business Center. I understand it's slow and at times boring but when I asked about a service there was a quick one word reply and no communicating of the services and prices. I needed two pages printed and my flash drive was literally ripped from my hand. Luckily I was in a rush so I didn't say anything. Other than the Business Center the staff at the Omni were wonderful! I was on the top floor and the view was of Petco Park and some of the bay. I had a tub and a shower. Little disappointed with the towels as they were thin and scratchy unlike the bedding. A coffee/tea maker along with some bags of each were included. My conference was in the hotel so I didn't have a chance to wander around, but I did meet a friend for dinner. There are many wonderful restaurants very close to the hotel. I will definitely return to this hotel when I return to San Diego!

Tip: sign up for the loyalty program prior to reserving your room. Upon check-in I received a bottle water, filled ice bucket, turned down bed, and personal note. Plus you receive shoe shine and clothes pressing along with daily newspaper and morning choice of beverage.

• Stayed November 2012
tkermabon, Manager at Omni San Diego Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear "HawaiiBorn69,"

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey after your recent stay at the Omni San Diego Hotel. I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your visit overall and would consider returning to our hotel when returning to San Diego.

I can completely appreciate why you felt joining our Select Guest loyalty program was a great idea. It was! A Select Guest is afforded the type of amenities that add immediate value to their hotel stay and that stand out as tangible benefits, as you so kindly noted. Thank you also for informing us of the less that friendly response you received in our Business Center, and for the towel quality problems you experienced in your guest room. I can assure you both of these matters are being communicated appropriately and that your input will assist us in making the necessary improvements to our operations. You were gracious to offer a 5-star review and we sincerely appreciate that considering the areas in which we fell short.

I hope you will consider reaching out to me personally prior to your return visit so that I can ensure you are provided with a stay that exceeds your expectations, and allows me the chance to say "thank you" in person.

Thank you again for your time.

Thomas Kermabon
Director of Operations
(619) 206-0292
tkermabon@omnihotels.com
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed at the Omni on a business trip weekend and I have zero complaints. The rooms were great and the service was great as well.

The rooms were very spacious. The beds were comfortable and it had a nice-sized, big screen TV. The bathrooms were also roomy, which isn't always the case in hotels.

The hotel is in a great location. You can walk to a bunch of restaurants, bars, shops, etc. The hotel is actually connected to Petco Park. I also heard that you can rent a car from the hotel for $40 a day. I did not inquire about that though.

There is also a very nice pool. I did not try the workout room. But I went for a jog along the bay, which was just on the other side of the convention center. So it's a great place to play if you're a runner.

The only issue I had...which was fixed immediately...was that my shower was draining very slowly. When I finished showering...I'd be standing in about 2-3 inches of water. I was about to go to lunch when I called the desk and asked for someone to take a look. I told the receptionist that I was about to leave so hopefully someone would come in when I was gone. An engineer came within three minutes before I even left. He ended up finding some sort of plastic that made it's way down the drain. I don't care to think about how it got down there.

Overall...a great place to stay. Would definitely stay here again on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Some of my co-workers had a balcony in their rooms, so I guess you could request a balcony if you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed at the Omni for Thanks Giving and only spend the nite there so I didnt make to much work to my friends for hosting me. I stayed at the Omni before and got a very inexpensive deal on the room this time too. The receptionist was very friendly and I got granted my request of a higher floor - 21st was the result and it doesnt get better. Everything is very nicely done, clean, apealing and it just feels homy and comfy at this hotel. The only down is, that internet still costs $10 if you are not a preferred guest. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown San Diego and if you dont choose valet parking, it becomes tricky to find anything around the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Omni San Diego Hotel? Share your experiences!