“would definitely go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area

You added La Quinta Inn San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   641 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Ranked #148 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Speed, Ks
“would definitely go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

My son just graduaated from the marines Feb. l2th and we spent 4 nites here.
Enjoyed our stay very much! Beds were very comfortable...would love to have their pillows! Microwave and frig in room. toilet and sink are in separate rooms for convenience.
The staff: Sara. Reyna. and Veronica were friendly and very helpful! I ask for many directions or recommendations and they were very knowledgeable. A special "hats off" to Guatlermina the breakfast attendant. She does an awesome job keeping everything well stocked. Their waffles are delicious. Their nice breakfast saved us a lot of money!
Give Guatlermina a tip as she definitely deserves one! How one person can keep up on a weekend, needs to be commended!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

We stayed here for a few nights while in San Diego. The location is very convenient; it is near major roads and shopping areas. It is close to the airport & the rental car drop-off / pick-up locations and not far from the zoo. The front-desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They were welcoming when we arrived and very cordial when we checked out. The rooms were not fancy, but they were very clean and met all of our expectations. Our room had two beds, a safe, a microwave, a refrigerator, a coffee maker, a hair dryer, TV with some cable channels, etc. The continental breakfast was a big hit with the kids. It included: make-your-own-waffles, hard boiled eggs, various cereals, oatmeal, various juices, skim & 2% milk, bagels, toast, english muffins, hot chocolate, and other similar items. The hotel also has an outdoor pool and hot tub, but the weather wasn't great (I know, wrong time to visit San Diego in the rain!), so we didn't try these out! The hotel provides free WiFi and free parking as well!

Based on the location, the complimentary breakfast, cleanliness of the room, free parking, and friendliness of the staff, I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Ewa Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

Pleasant service from front desk and housekeeping. Got the top (3rd) floor, toward back of bldg as I requested on reservation. Room type was Deluxe Two Queens w/Microwave and Fridge- room is small compared to Holiday Inn Express and another La Quinta. Though furniture showed age, it was clean and everything worked. Only toiletries in the bathroom are soap and conditioning shampoo. Having free internet, hair dryer and iron & board added value. Liked the price and free parking the best. Convenient location, easy access on and off the freeway. Many eateries nearby. East Bldg is convenient as it has gym, laundry and breakfast room. Continental Breakfast was okay, nothing impressive, could offer more variety. Buy beverages from machines near elevator, the price is right. Would check out the suites in this hotel if I visit San Diego again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
PHELAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

I am more
than happy with the service and hospitality of the La Quinta.
I am personally greeted by name from Cho (I think thats the spelling)
every time I see her. The entire staff at the front desk are always the
highlight of checking in and out. I would also like to thank Willamina
from the kitchen staff. She is an asset to your hotel. When my family
stays with me on vacations we always stay at the La Quinta and my
children ask if Willamina is going to be there for breakfast. I just
wanted to let you know that your staff is awesome and I commend you as
their manager.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

Wow, I was so impressed after reading some of the bad reviews - where did they stay? Not at this hotel. I had a great time. The room was clean, the service was wonderful, and the staff was beyond helpful. Everbody was so nice, I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. I will come back, no question. Especially for the price it really exceeded my expectations. The location is also absolutely perfect - quick access to interstates, grocery store and other shopping opportunities close by.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Riverside, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

Our extended family had four rooms here for three nights leading up to Thanksgiving Day. The rooms had older furnishings but pleasant decor. The lighting was somewhat dim, except for the excellent lighting in the sink area (which was separate from the bathroom). There were some noise issues. The interstate traffic sounds like a continual dull roar; it did not keep us awake but would be unsuitable for a light sleeper. The outer doors slammed shut loudly whenever someone went in or out. We occasionally heard an undefinable motor noise, which may have been air conditioning from a nearby room. The fan in the bathroom was also very loud but quite useless. Our room had a large mini-fridge with freezer, as well as a small microwave. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The shower head was excellent and there was plenty of hot water, though we experienced some temperature variation while showering. The towels were scratchy. Our kids enjoyed the pool and spa. We had a decent continental breakfast each morning that included hard-boiled eggs, waffles, and oatmeal, along with the usual carbs. The hotel is in a good location but the area is heavily congested. Even though the hotel gave us printed directions to various restaurants and points of interest, we still went the wrong way a couple times. I saved $10 per room per night by rechecking the online price of the rooms on the day of our arrival and rebooking. The hotel will charge you extra for the use of the safe in the room unless you tell them at checkout that you didn't use the safe. Our parents had a suite that was roomy enough but had insufficient seating for a group. The hotel would not help us with this problem, so we had to carry in chairs from other rooms. Overall it was a decent place to stay, but I plan to look for something better the next time we're in San Diego.

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
columbia, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

There are two large buildings, one for pets, one non-pet. I reserved a room thru hotels.com for $75/nite. These are rather old buildings, with rooms much smaller than most La Quntas. The room was kept clean, staff was fine, the breakfast satisfactory. However, we are on the 3d floor of the non-pet bldg. The elevator broke a week ago, on Thr. and they haven't fixed it. We receive conflicting stories, that the repair people were supposed to show up on Sat. but didn't, that they don't work on the weekends, that they were supposed to show up on Mon. but didn't, that they are waiting for a new motor to arrive, that they only deal with one elevator co. so they have to just wait. If this doesn't bother you, then by all means stay here. I might add that the location is great for a vacationer, but then this is hotel strip and your choice is vast. We would have moved out but we pre-paid.

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area? Share your experiences!