“GREAT SERVICE GREAT ROOMS GREAT BREAKFAST!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   641 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #162 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“GREAT SERVICE GREAT ROOMS GREAT BREAKFAST!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed there as a first hotel and I must say I wasn´t expecting too much, but when we arrived the room was really nice, like they made improvements to the hotel, the front desk staff was very helpful she explain me everything without missing a single detail. I work on hospitality business and I must say that this hotel is a great value. The breakfast goes beyond a simple breakfast , I will be back next year this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My sister and I always stay in a La Quinta usually because the beds are so amazing and the service is nice. This place in San Diego had it's up and downs. We never received a safe key for the room, it took us forever to get into our room because the card reader was off so it took many of tries to get it. The beds were hard as rocks. Not your typical La Quinta beds!! I was so excited to stay in this hotel for the beds specifically. The breakfast room had no bathroom and was extremely hot in temperature. It was mid to high 80's outside and the heat from the waffle makers and toasters were making the room even hotter. What is nice is they have a hot tub + pool and provide towels. They have a decent view. Right off the highway and close to food gas and shopping. As I was browsing the site a few months after the booking, I noticed the price went down per night. So i called them and they changed the price for me. Overall it was ok. There was free food and I was happy with that

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the pool. Kids are always screaming and yelling down there

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night and I was pleasantly surprised. Very friendly front desk reception staff. Rooms clean and comfortable beds. Good water pressure and enough clean towels. Nice pool and heated jacuzzi. Not to close to seaworld and zoo but very close to a shopping centre. Airport approximately 10 minutes away. Will stay there again if need arises.

• Stayed September 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Have stayed here before. Staff very helpful and friendly. Right off the fwy so easy to find and located well within business districts, restaurants, fast food, dept stores etc. Continental breakfast always a plus.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I'd give 3.5 stars if I could. One-night stay. Check-in was a breeze, and Shay was really friendly and helpful. She tried to give us a good room since we were traveling with a baby. First impressions of the room were great; clean, nicely decorated, and everything you want - comfy bed, nice TV, etc. You can tell that underneath the freshening up is an older hotel. We were there maybe an hour and then took off to our separate activities. When my wife returned, she set a water bottle down and when she went to pick it up found 5-6 cockroaches scurrying all over. She also saw some down by the bed. She really hates cockroaches. She was too tired to do much about it until I got back from the Padres game, at which time she called the front desk and while they offered to switch rooms, no apology or discount was offered at that time. We were both very tired and I went down to get the new keys. The guy at the front desk was not apologetic or helpful. The new room was a little more run down but bug-less. We slept fine, and had to leave before breakfast started at 7 am (it was a weekend). I also thought that I was charged the wrong rate. So when I got a follow up email from the manager to email or call him about any issues, I sent him an email. I was immediately given a response, he said he'd address the service issues, and was given a rate discount. I was satisfied with the response and will consider staying here in the future. Not sure if my wife will because of the cockroaches. You generally think of cockroaches as a cleanliness issue, but both of the rooms I saw seemed clean. So, yes, we had issues, but management resolved them for me.

Room Tip: Avoid the ones with cockroaches? Also there are specific rooms for pets. We did not have our pets...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area? Share your experiences!