“Highly Recommend!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area

Save Saved
You added La Quinta Inn San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   641 Camino Del Rio South, San Diego, CA 92108 (Mission Valley / Hotel Circle)   |
Special Offer
Free Breakfast & WiFi!
Ranked #136 of 268 hotels in San Diego

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I'd give 3.5 stars if I could. One-night stay. Check-in was a breeze, and Shay was really friendly and helpful. She tried to give us a good room since we were traveling with a baby. First impressions of the room were great; clean, nicely decorated, and everything you want - comfy bed, nice TV, etc. You can tell that underneath the freshening up is an older hotel. We were there maybe an hour and then took off to our separate activities. When my wife returned, she set a water bottle down and when she went to pick it up found 5-6 cockroaches scurrying all over. She also saw some down by the bed. She really hates cockroaches. She was too tired to do much about it until I got back from the Padres game, at which time she called the front desk and while they offered to switch rooms, no apology or discount was offered at that time. We were both very tired and I went down to get the new keys. The guy at the front desk was not apologetic or helpful. The new room was a little more run down but bug-less. We slept fine, and had to leave before breakfast started at 7 am (it was a weekend). I also thought that I was charged the wrong rate. So when I got a follow up email from the manager to email or call him about any issues, I sent him an email. I was immediately given a response, he said he'd address the service issues, and was given a rate discount. I was satisfied with the response and will consider staying here in the future. Not sure if my wife will because of the cockroaches. You generally think of cockroaches as a cleanliness issue, but both of the rooms I saw seemed clean. So, yes, we had issues, but management resolved them for me.

Room Tip: Avoid the ones with cockroaches? Also there are specific rooms for pets. We did not have our pets...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Albuquerque, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for several nights. It's quite centrally located, so it was close to everywhere we went. Our dogs traveled with us and you can't beat La Quinta's pet policy. We had a suite. The bed was pretty comfortable and the living room was big enough and separate enough to make you feel like you weren't just hanging out in the anteroom of the bedroom. Overall, a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room was fairly close to the pool, but we didn't hear much noise from it.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Pomona, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Since we had a good experience with LQ in Las Vegas Airport location, so this time we plan a mini vacation in San Diego. We decided to book with LQ again. Unfortunately, this location is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT:

Pro:

Very impress reminder (via email) the coming trip with the weather forecast for the next 5 days

Cons:

1/ First night, after cruising around SD, came back to the room, there's a bud claiming in the bathroom (My fiancee did not tell me till the next day). Room #161.

We had 2 queen beds, my bed unfortunately the mattress not level & hard, and when you touch the mattress it feels like touching sand (sorry I do not know how to express) if you lay on the side (left or right) you may fall. So All night I stayed in the middle. at night I feel itching in my back, I thought maybe the weather dry so my skin irritated. In the morning, I told my fiancee about the bed, then he told about the bud, I assumed his bed side also has problems like mine, but it's a little better. My fiancee went to the front office, talked to them, they offered us a 25% discount for the first night, and offered us to move to another room. But we feel, all our clothes, stuffs..all out so we do not want to pack, unpack again..just 01 more night (I guess I can leave with it)

2/ When we came back to our room at 2pm after morning activities, we assumed the room already cleaned, changed bed sheets.etc...but It's not. My fiancee called them, they said" another hour" I was so tired, took the nap..around 3pm, the housekeeper arrived, I couldn't leave the room, just sit on the side let she's doing her chores...The housekeeper asked me" Do you want me to vacuum the carpet, do you want me to change the sheet for both bed???...

The breakfast is OK, not much offer like LQ in Las Vegas. The last words for LQ Manager, you need to take care the BUGS & replace the mattress if you want customers to come back. In my whole life of traveling, I never sleep in this kind of mattress when I was at the hotel (Paris, Italy, Hawaii, Cancun, Acapulco, Vancouver, Lad Vegas, Miami...) Sorry, I will not come back to this location, now this location give me a bad impression, a second thought about booking with La Quinta Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Pedro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Couldn't have found a nicer place to stay: attractive lobby, rooms and breakfast room all clean and well maintained, professional/friendly service from everyone, enjoyable and tasty full breakfast, and so centrally located within in a few minutes of the Zoo/ Balboa Park, Sea World, Old Downtown San Diego and a few minutes more to the Seaport Village. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit! And will definitely recommend these accommodations to our family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for our nieces orientation at San Diego State University.
The housekeeping is terrible-all of our towels were taken one day for no reason, not replaced and all they left us was a bath mat for 4 people! Another day no service with no explanation from front desk.

The pool and hot tub area is tiny.

Our room was infested (twice) with bugs. One morning bugs were all over the pillows, and in the bathroom sink.

The bathroom is totally out of date and our vanity area was broken and cracked.

The management was nice about the issues, however did not give us confidence they would be fixed.

Next time we go visit our niece at SDSU we will not stay here and you should not either.

• Stayed July 2013
Penfield, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Great staff & very well maintained property . I stay here 3 times per year traveling from east coast to visit family. The check-in staff is efficient and all staff are very accommodating. Pleasant little pool & spa in back. Reasonably priced, convenient to highways & attractions, and very comfortable rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn San Diego SeaWorld/Zoo Area? Share your experiences!