I chose the Fairfield Inn for it's location; easy to drive to and navigate back and forth to without being in Downtown traffic. The Hotel is easy to find and the location is good because it's near the I-5. Lei at check-in could not have been nicer. Very pleasant & friendly and he was very helpful to those Guests calling the Front Desk & those Guests waiting for assistance. I had one of the rooms you enter from the outside, so not sure if the interior rooms are any different. The room was very nice, not really large, however adequate for the one night. Everything was clean and working. The new shower offers the removable hand held shower head, so that is always great. Those rooms have a very small balcony overlooking the courtyard and fountain. SO, with that said, if you don't mind noisy guests and children, then those rooms are OK. In the future, I will ask for a room as far away from the Courtyard and Fountain as possible. Beginning at 7am on Sunday, all I heard was kids yelling, running, playing & adults having loud conversations & that was with my balcony door closed. Unfortunately, other guests can be grossly inconsiderate & rude & think it's OK to let their kids run up and down the hallway from 7am to 10am. I tried to sleep in on Sunday, however, I was awakened at 7am by loud, inconsiderate guests & children in the hallways and on the courtyard. I concluded that the walls are very thin too.
Other than lousy guests with no manners, the Fairfield Inn is a good place to stay. Rate for booking last minute was good @ $118.00.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away in the culture and history of Old Town, this charming Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Diego Old Town provides the traveler with an escape from reality and the opportunity to experience the true birth place of California. Inspired by a historic Spanish Mission, this San Diego hotel provides refreshing accommodations with Marriott’s renowned service at an excellent value. We provide you with just what you need, and skip what you don't, so travel is easy and productive. Take advantage of our complimentary breakfast in our breakfast room or under our covered patio. Our convenient location provides you easy access to the Convention Center, San Diego Gaslamp, Qualcomm Stadium, Petco Park and over 70 miles of San Diego's most famed beaches. Experience something new in Old Town- Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites San Diego Old Town
- Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Old Town Hotel San Diego
- Holiday Inn Old Town
- Holiday Inn San Diego
- San Diego Holiday Inn