Historic Craftsman in the heart of the city!

Saved Save
You added Historic Craftsman in the heart of the city! to your Saves list.
San Diego

Vee77
Johannesburg, South Africa
“GREAT Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

I was a bit apprehensive as this was my first stay at a holiday rental which I should not have been as what you saw on their site and Trip advisor was what you got. I am actually glad I stayed here as it was so close to everything and public transport right across from their place (important to me as I had no car). Mike and Linda were so hospitable and knowledgeable about the area which made my stay enjoyable; Linda even lent me her phone for my whole stay in case I needed to call them for help and general use which I was not expecting. This is definitely one place I would stay again when visiting San Diego.

5 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location
Traveling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Interested in this property?
Ken N
Nanaimo, Canada
“Great little oasis right in the city.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Location is fantastic even if you don't have a car. Close to everything, we walked everywhere and it was just short cab ride to Balboa park. Mike and Linda were fantastic hosts. Slept great & the bed was really comfortable and the linens luxurious. We loved having meals on the deck and looking down into the garden that was done beautifully.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Old world charm mixed with modern amenities.
Liked least: It was all good!
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Interested in this property?
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$199
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Michael A. Funes
(619) 232-4045
Speaks English
Listed since : May 2012
Response Rate: 30 %
Response Time: Within a few hours
Calendar Updated: 188 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing