“Excellent coffeehouse!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent coffeehouse!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Discovered this place walking around the gaslamp district. I prefer local coffeehouses to the big chains so I popped in.

What can I say? LOVE it!

Beautifully prepared latte, SOOO good! AND an awesome veggie Benedict. Great service, cool atmosphere, definitely my go-to place now in San Diego!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Relaxing place to have great artisan food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I had the breakfast flatbread. Delicious! It had parmesan cheese, ham, marinated arugula, some other delectable things on it, and three poached eggs on top that when you press on them, the yolk oozes onto the flatbread and it's insanely good. A whole order of the flatbread ( you can order half or whole) was about $15. Worth it. My boyfriend and I shared it for brunch.
On some days, there's a live band that plays. The staff is awesome and it's a dog friendly place. Nice hardwood floors and a bar area in the back. You will always find one or two grad students or business people working on their laptops. Laid-back kind of a place.

• Visited March 2013
NC
“Had such an excellent breakfast we went back a 2nd time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The best part of staying at the unremarkable hotel indigo is it's convenience to this restaurant. We went twice for breakfast as we had such a good experience the first time. They have a nice open layout with indoor and outdoor seating, and friendly staff. We had wonderful breakfast burritos both days (lots of veggies, healthy and savory goodness!!!), as well as a breakfast sandwich day 1 and an awesome pumpkin waffle on day 2. Lovely place and we'd return if we're ever back in San Diego.

• Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
“Village 631 for breakfast then off in a Car2Go in San Diego!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I took my car downtown for a detail and then was directed here to Village 631 for breakfast, which was delicious, I had the mamma's favorite (egg over east, the best thick sliced bacon, hash browns (seasoned perfectly) watermelon and sliced whole grain toast that was toasted perfectly so the grain wasn't hard and a double cappucino. They pay attention to detail and the food was perfect.
Village 631 is also next door to the Car2Go headquarters (you know those 2 seater white and blue electric cars that are parked all over town) well I cant wait to get my access card (5 day processing to mail the card to your home) what a cool concept. If you are visiting San Diego or going for a staycation go online and get your access card then just jump into one of those cars and head out to the beach, the gaslamp, balboa park and just park the car on the street at .35 a minute....
I can't wait to sell my car and only keep a truck for those days you need a truck but for everything else....I'm on the Car2Go. It's gonna be fun and a perfect way for a couple to get around town on vacation instead of hopping a cab.

• Visited July 2012