“Quiet, comfortable, honest, and ethical” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12032 Scripps Highlands Dr, San Diego, CA 92131   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #43 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
USA
“Quiet, comfortable, honest, and ethical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed six nights using points. I left a very expensive set of headphones (more $ than Bose) in my room upon checkout. I called the next day and housekeeping turned them in. The front desk would not let me pay for postage and returned them to me via FedEx. I thought I had lost them forever, as they would sell in a heartbeat on ebay.

Thanks again SpringHill Suites San Diego!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Derek E, Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
ApocalypticTourist,

We're happy that you received your headphones and enjoyed your stay! Our sense of integrity is a large reason why we are able to achieve such outstanding guest satisfaction. We certainly hope you choose to stay with us again during your next visit to San Diego.

All The Best!

Derek Edwards
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
San Die
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Conveniently located near interstate, but with no traffic noise. Friendly front-desk staff, at check-in. Room was clean and new. The beds were comfy and the bathrooms were clean and bright. Though the hotel was full, our room was quiet all night. There were plenty of good tasting choices at breakfast, both hot and cold foods! Friendly staff and very welcoming nice place to stay. I will recommend this place any day to guest. I was even given a a list with their favorite restaurants in the area . I do not expect more for a hotel this standard, but received more than what I bargained for the price. Thank you to Pauline and Cathy for making my stay!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value our guest's comments, and were so pleased to hear that Pauline and Cathy made your stay more enjoyable. We hope we get a chance to serve you again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I checked in on a Friday afternoon. We arrived at 12:30 PM. Our room was ready and we were upgraded to a spa suite for being Marriott gold members. I thought the room was nice and wasn't cramped. We always ask for a top floor because I am a very light sleeper but I noticed they put us on the 1st floor. I am guessing their spa suites are only on the 1st floor. Why else would they place us on the ground level. Anyway, I liked the spa tub and it was nice to relax in it after a day at the wineries. I suggest visiting Bernardo Winery while you are in town as it has a lot of little stores and candy shops to browse through. Their orange moscato was great too. The hotel itself has very thin walls as I could hear doors slamming a lot in the hallway and the people above us sounded like elephants. They were very loud. The ceiling was too high for me to bang on it and ask them to be quiet. The room temperature was perfect and the air/fan worked great. If you leave the fan on all night, you will not hear any traffic noise or at least I didn't. I would definitely ask for a room on the top level next time. The breakfast was good. It was crowded with a ton of teenagers though. I think a lot of teams must play nearby because every time I went to the lobby, there were young people everywhere. The breakfast consists of scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, hard boiled eggs, fruit, such as apples, oranges and bananas, cereal, milk, juice, coffee and pastries. There was a girl that kept refilling everything so nothing ran low when I was there. I didn't see anything within walking distance. There is a Chili's and a Wendy's in the same parking lot. Every other place we went to, we had to drive. We found one Mexican restaurant but the food wasn't very good. I highly suggest Kaminsky's restaurant/bar for happy hour. Their food was great and the service was excellent. It's very close by, probably within 2 miles. All in all, I would suggest staying at this hotel because it was clean and they have a good free breakfast. The staff were helpful as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on the property. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I have been staying four days a week for two months, and will continue to stay through the end of next year. I have found the SpringHill Suites Poway to be very friendly, clean, great breakfast, quiet, and convenient to the Poway industrial area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. We look forward to your next trip back.

Thanks Again,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The hotel staff is very friendly and accommodating! They truly make your stay welcoming and worthwhile. They have an outstanding staff that goes above and beyond to exceed any expectations you may have. I will definitely be referring this place to friends and family! It will be my go to hotel when I in San Diego. It has a very convenient location to nearby restaurants and to the freeway.

• Stayed September 2013
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for the review! We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come back and visit soon.

Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean rooms, generally high standards that you expect from Marriott. Some ambient noise an issue but the hotel was stocked with kids from various sports and leagues who were in town for tournaments. I would stay here again. Only thing that was a bit strange was the King Suites, because the TV could be angled for the sofa side of the room or the bed side (there was a separation between the two parts of the room, which made for a bit of a cramped feeling but in general can't complain. Service good, maids did a good job.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value our guest's comments, and were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we get a chance to serve you again in the future.

Abbots Langley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

As with all hotels in the US the rooms are large. Cleanliness is okay, but I agree that the carpets in the room could do with a bit more attention. Whilst I was there (6 days), my room was always serviced. I had a problem with the air con in my room, but as I can happily leave without them, it was not a problem that it took 2 days to get fixed.
Again for the US and that type of hotel the breakfast is actually quite good - if you can get at it!
I have stayed there several times before and had normally only one day with a bus of kids there, but this time on 4 out of 6 days the hotel was overrun with kids who stay there for a sports event and their pushy parents. Sorry, I know it is not the fault of the hotel, but why not move them all into the breakfast/meeting room at the back, so that the other guests can have some space and quietness.
Location is good if you have to get to different places in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as possible and away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank for taking the time write a review of your experience at my hotel on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize that the hotel was a little overloaded with teams. I will follow through by sharing your comments about breakfast with the department managers to help improve our service levels.

We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Kelly Herrington

Been to SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway? Share your experiences!