“Clean and good location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway

Save Saved
You added SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12032 Scripps Highlands Dr, San Diego, CA 92131   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #44 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Queen Creek, Arizona
“Clean and good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This SpringHill Suites is a clean and in a nice, quiet location. It is not ar from downtown San Diego or even Legoland n Carlsbad. We spent 2 nights here while visiting Legoland and San Diego. The rooms are spacious. The staff is very friendly. Another nice thing about this SpringHill Suites is that there is a Chilis and a Wendy located in the parking lot next door. We ordered Chilis to go and it only took me 30 seconds to walk there and pick up our food. I will definitely consider this hotel for my next trip to San Diego.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our location and quality accommodations. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm regards,

Kelly Herrington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice hotel in the Poway Area. The staff was excellent and the rooms were clean and nice. Only stayed one night, but the hotel shuttles us to our meeting and then came back and picked us up. Was staying with a Chinese colleague of mine and she also felt comfortable even though she does not speak a lot of English. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. We look forward to your next trip back.

Thanks Again,
Lake Forest, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Came on Saturday, would never stay on summer weekend. Millions of kids running and yelling, but hotel was pretty good in general, big comfy rooms ok breakfast. Would stay on weekday, also be aware this is right on the freeway so there is some noise it goes all night. there is a gas station and a couple of places to eat at the property.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor away from freeway, not next to elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while visiting our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as we feel it is one more way for us to know how we are doing and to correct the things that need attention. I am truly sorry to learn that your stay was less than perfect. I will follow through by sharing your comments with the entire staff to help improve our service levels for you and future guests.
Again, thank you for your generosity in taking the time by giving us this feedback as it serves as a tool for further enhancement of our services and accommodations.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Maybe I was expecting too much based on all the glorious reviews here. I usually stay a little more north of here but the reviews were so good, I thought I would try it out even if it meant driving further to where I needed to be. My overall assessment is that it is up to typical Springhill Suites but there wasn't really anything overly amazing about this place. The front desk was pleasant and the rooms were clean.

The location is decent if you have to get all around San Diego. The location intersection gets quite busy with traffic especially between 5pm and 6pm. While plenty of parking, there are tons of cars trying to get in and out of the single parking lot entry way for gas, hotel, and a couple restaurants. Not a major thing, but just pointing that out.

My room faced the freeway. There is a constant hum from cars driving by with the occasional loud truck or car. Again, not annoying but more like "white noise". You don't get much of a view unless you favor San Diego freeway traffic.

Again, I would recommend this place as it has nice rooms and good location. The reviews here might overset expectations as it did for me.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway if possible.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Derek E, Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Phoenixroby,

Thank you for your review! It is important for us to hear feedback from all of our guests who wish to share it and continualy improve where and when we can. We strive to ensure the complete satisfaction of all our guests and I am thankful to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize if we weren't exactly what you were looking for but our staff truly maximizes thier efforts in all departments and I am glad you were able to experience that.

We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future if you find yourself in our area.

Derek Edwards
Assistant General Manager
Burligon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Check in took ages as no one at reception when we arrived. After travelling from the east coast this wasn't what I needed. Breakfast is very limited and very crowded when I was there. Rooms were clean and location convenient.

• Stayed May 2013
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank for taking the time write a review of your experience at my hotel on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize that my hotel was not up to par. I will follow through by sharing your comments with the appropriate departments to help improve our service levels in the affected areas for you and future guests. We hope to see you in the near future so that we may provide you with the excellent service you are accustomed to from Marriott.

Midway City, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I don't need to be wordy. It's a great hotel, with clean, huge rooms, very comfortable accommodations, and some of the best service I've ever received. Big plus, the free internet was much better than other free internets I've received before.

Matt S. at the front desk was a perfect combination of quick, professional, friendly, and helpful -- exactly what I need from a hotel.

I woke up too late to get to breakfast. The sole reason this hotel stood out for other listings was because of the free breakfast, I was crushed to find out it was over 10 minutes prior to me showing up. The front desk wasn't particularly concerned with my problem, but a young man named Guy took it upon himself to make sure I had everything I wanted. It is because of this fellow that I will be coming back, and I will be recommending this hotel to friends. As far as I'm concerned, Guy should be the one working at the front desk.

If you don't mind being a few minutes drive from downtown San Diego, you will find a place that will perfectly meet your needs at an extremely great price. I don't know what the hangup is over distances, unless you are terrified of driving. There's no traffic around here, ever.

Room Tip: They have rooms with jacuzzis!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value our guest's comments, and were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Guy made sure you were able to enjoy our breakfast. We hope we get a chance to serve you again in the future.

Warm Regards,

Rosemead, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now whenever I am in North San Diego County for work. The staff is friendly and outgoing. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. They have 2 flat screens in the room. 1 can be used while in bed. The other can be used while siting on the couch or at the desk getting some work done. There is plenty of room and space to feel like you are not crammed like in other hotels. Good places to eat in the same parking lot. Breakfast in the morning is delicious. Free coffee and fruit 24/7 in the lobby. Easy access to and from the 15 Freeway. Every time I go to San Diego, this will be the place I stay at.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for the review! We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed everything from our spacious rooms, breakfast and our central location. We hope you come back and visit soon.

Warm Regards,

Kelly Herrington

Been to SpringHill Suites San Diego Rancho Bernardo/Scripps Poway? Share your experiences!