“Good value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
South Dakota
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Stayed for 6 nights in a 1 bedroom with 2 Queens. While the location certainly is not scenic it was quick to most everything we wanted to see. Shopping mall & several restaurants nearby (driving). The room was clean, staff were all friendly & room cleaned each day in a timely manner. Pool is good size and the pool area is nice. BBQ's outside for guest use. Exercise room looked nice but didn't use it. We all slept fine & didn't have any issues with noise (we were on the 4th floor not near stairs or elevator).

Breakfast is fairly extensive and was a great start to every morning. The evening meal is served Mon to Thurs with Salads and a main course being served from 6-7:30. Drinks if you want. My only comment (which I did visit with Staff about) is that the Hot food was not Hot. It was luke-warm at best for both breakfast & evening for any of the hot items. After a few days of that (yes I get the food is free) I stuck to make your own waffles & cold items. Otherwise the food all would have been fine and is a nice option for guests.

This hotel is a good value and overall we liked it very much. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your day to write us such a great review. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also appreciate your comments for improvement. We are always trying to find new way to make our guests experience a better one. Look forward to seeing you again the next time your in town.

Thom Mosher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We stayed out in the residence inn from its excellent rating and guest reviews. All hotel staff were very professional and made our stay an unforgettable experience. It was friendly, clean and relaxing.

Thank you so much to all the staff at the hotel for making my first visit to San Diego so wonderful. It was exactly what we were looking for. Would we recommend the residence inn hotel? YES!!

• Stayed May 2014
I love to hear that you had a great time here at the Residence Inn. I will be showing my staff this review to our next meeting. The best part is that I get to thank all of my staff for such a great job they did. I’m so happy you had a great time with us. We can’t wait to see you the next time your in San Diego.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My friends and I stayed at this hotel this past weekend for a bachelorette party. The hotel was clean and served a decent enough free breakfast but all that was so not worth it. We realized that the staff who cleaned our room stole money and other valuable goods. Such a shame! We would never think that this would happen at a family friendly hotel....but nope...it did. I will never stay at this hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Rubina M.,

Thank you for your review. However I understand that you encountered a situation that we take very serrious. I have checked all our records and asked all my employees that were working the dates of your stay, and no one was aware of anything missing from any of the rooms in your group. I would love to speak with you personaly to gather the details of the incident that occured so we can do an investigation to ensure this never happens; as we have never had this occur in the past do to our strict security process that we have in place. My direct phone line is (619)881-3615.

At Your Service,

(619)881-3615
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The good:
Great size of room
Having fridge, microwave, a plus
Hearty breakfast
Nice staff
Clean
Pack n play for our toddler

Down sides:
Limited/tight parking and having to pay for it
Small pillows
Thin walls

All in all, I would stay again though!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing us this review. I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. My staff and I will see what we can do to improve and make your next stay even better.

Ventura, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

After driving four hours in L.A. traffic, Bryan Mertalto met us at the desk at 10:30 p.m. with a smile and welcome to the Residence Inn! He checked us in quickly, near our other relatives. Throughout our stay he greeted us, and asked if he could do anything for us. What great service! When we left he thanked us for staying with them, and encouraged us to stay there again, which we will! The rooms are nice, the free breakfast is OK, hey, it's free! The drinks were cold, as was the ice cream! The hotel is centrally located. The price was average for San Diego. The best part was the service. I wish EVERY hotel had a Bryan.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
I love hearing what a great job my staff is doing for our guests. I will make sure Bryan will receive great review at our next meeting. I’m very fortunate to have him as a part of our team. Thank you for the kind words and great review. We hope to see you the next time your in San Diego.

San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nice rooms, nice breakfast, and the staff is always happy to help you and your needs. you also get the points using your marriott rewards. Fair prices. The best is after you´re tired from shopping..... the free drinks from 6 to 7:30 pm.

Room Tip: All good. Dont worry.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing us this review. I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you and your family will visit us again soon.

Medicine Hat, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

First of all I would like to say that the staff at the hotel were pretty friendly and approachable. However we were in a room right by a gate and EVERYTIME someone went thru that darn gate, it sounded like it was coming through the room...which was consistent till 1am . We stayed there 2 nights and then we were moved to a much better room with a much better experience. The hotel is very well located & very clean. I thought the price was a little much and there were no gluten free options with the food other than eggs.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RIMVGM, Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Teampalmer_13,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Your feedback is very valued. Our team is always striving to better accommodate our guests needs. The information you provided has created opportunities for us to improve our hotel. We hope to see you again soon here in sunny San Diego, so that you can see the improvements we have made.

Kindly,

Jeri Vezina
Assistant General Manager
sandiegoagm@ih-corp.com

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley? Share your experiences!