“Should have 6 stars” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 271 Hotels in San Diego
Normal, Illinois
“Should have 6 stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This hotel was way beyond excellent. All staff friendly, courteous and responsive to any questions or needs. Had excellent breakfast every morning and excellent night meals Monday- Thursday. Staying here made family trip to San Diego even better. You will not be disappointed if you stay in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write us this great review. As the General Manager of this hotel, it make me feel great that you would wish to add another star for the service my staff has provided for you and your family. This is what we strive for as a hotel and will very appreciated at our next meeting. We can’t wait to see you and your family the next time your in San Diego.

Todd Capizzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Davis, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed there 2 weeks. Their complimentary breakfast alone is worth it. I've never had better at a hotel. No one can make scrambled eggs in so many different varieties and keep them fresh. Paty keeps everything filled to the brim. Rodney and Lillian were also great in the eating area. I would hire those 3 in a microsecond if I owned a hotel. They also offer free beer(7 choices on tap) along with free wine, plus a complimentary dinner from Mon thru Thursday. The dinner is great and desert is served at 7pm. My lady friend and I love to drink 2 glasses of white zinfandel for dinner, which would cost anywhere from $5.50-7.50 per glass at most restaurants. That is a considerable savings and makes up for the $13 per night parking fee. Don't understand why the hotels in the area charge that fee. There is plenty of parking space in the Hotel Circle establishments. The front desk personnel were fantastic along with Albert, the bartender. I challenge you to find a better hotel in the San Diego area. It's a winner!

Room Tip: Like any hotel, stay away from exits, elevators, laundry rooms and ice machines. That goes without...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I want to thank you for such a great review. As the GM of this hotel, I am so proud of my entire staff for making your stay here the best. Our next meeting is going to be filled with smile after I read this to my staff. We would like to thank you again for the kind words and can’t wait to see you at your next visit to San Diego.

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a recent vacation to San Diego.  Great location.  It's only 5 minutes from downtown and it would cost an extra $100 each night to stay downtown.  They have a happy hour each night with free beer, wine, and food.  If you're inclined, the food could be your dinner.  Albert was the host/bartender and he was great!  I've stayed at other Residence Inns and the typical beer offering is Bud Light.  Not so here.  They have seven local craft beers on tap and a few domestics by the can.  They also offer several Mondavi wines.  Please tip the servers.  You're getting free drinks and food and the least you could do is throw a few bucks their way.  Albert also was a wealth of information on local restaurants and sites to visit.  Brittany at the front desk was also very helpful.  Such a pleasant demeanor and a warm smile!  The room across the hall from us had some dogs that were noisy.  When we called down, she offered to move us to a quieter location. The only complaints I have are that we were charged $13/day for parking and some of the custodial staff were talking loudly outside of the utility closet beneath our room early in the morning.  It would also have been nice if the area heaters at the patio/pool area would have been operational.  We wanted to sit there in the evening but they had no propane connected.  I would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
I always enjoy hearing of the great service my staff provides for our guests. I will make sure to pass this along at our next meeting to Brittany and Albert. I will also take your comments in considerations and see what we can do to improve your future stay.

Silver Spring
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Residence Inns are normally a good choice and this was no exception. Staff is very friendly and the rooms large. King beds however are available only through a fairly expensive upgrade.
This hotel is California style with low rise units spread over a fairly large area. There is a pool and barbeque area and in addition to a good breakfast, evening refreshments and wine/beer are served Mon-Wed. There are a number of restaurants in the area, but not walking friendly.
I would stay there again, especially if headed north on the I-15. There is some jet noise from nearby Marimar Marine Air Station, but it is much louder outside than in the rooms.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for stating some of the great features of our hotel. I appreciate that you took the time to write us a review and we can’t wait to see on your next visit to San Diego.

Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

On 1/27/14, myself and several work associates traveled from Norfolk, VA and arrived in San Diego.. As anyone knows who has recently flown, flying is now as painful as visting the dentist for a tooth extraction. Taking a Red Eye out of Norfolk means you wake up at 3:45 AM, arrive at your destination (with no breakfast, lunch), grab a quick bite to eat, and then run off to do a meeting with your counterparts in San Diego. By the time you arrive at the hotel (around 7 pm EDT) - your wiped out. The counter staff was extremely helpful helping out 3 very tired travelers. One Residence Member stands out as Rebecca M. She joked with us, gave extremely useful information, and provided a one local beer. As a traveler looking forward to spending 2 weeks in a hotel missing the family, tired, looking forward to work long hours 7 days a week - it doesn't get any better than that. Also, the hotel is clean, and exceeds Residence Inn standards. As long as people like Rebecca keep working for this chain of hotels, I'll keep searching them out. Bravo Zulu!!

Room Tip: Ask Rebecca for advise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
I understand those red eye flights. They can wipe you out. I want to say you’re going to make Rebecca’s day with this review. I’m so happy she could make your stay here a great experience, especially when you’re working seven days a week. I feel very fortunate to have her on my team. I would like to thank you for writing us such a great review and we hope to see you and your team the next time your in San Diego.

Portland, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I recently stayed 3 nights for business at RIMV. There was a little issue on my end with credit cards to preauthorize for the stay, but the front desk was very accommodating getting all the information to my boss so he could authorize the card. They were very friendly and willing to help. Albert in the lounge was great as well. He recommended food and beaches for me and was very welcoming. He seemed to have built a relationship with everyone at the cocktail hours and did a great job taking care of everyone (and he kept me out of Jack in the Box). I also had a chance to meet Todd, the General Manager, through a business colleague and he was very friendly and wanted to make sure everything was going well with my stay. I definitely felt at home and comfortable in the hotel. The room was great and no complaints on any part of my stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I want to start off by saying thank you for the great complement. I’m so happy you were able to enjoy your stay here. My staff always wants our guests to enjoy their stay and solve any problems they are having. I couldn’t ask for a better staff. Albert loves to tell our guests what the locals like to do here and what local restaurants to try. He loves this city. I feel that’s why our guests always feel so comfortable around him. I hope you get a chance to come back to San Diego and visit us again. Thank you again for such a great review.

Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

Laundry kitchen pull out couch (not for bad backs but decent for kids)free breakfast and during the week free hour where they have a few dinner items and free beer or wine. It is great but do not expect a full dinner ie baked potatoes and salad or soup and salad or penne and salad free pop also special events planned we caught a hot chocolate bar night kids loved it! Parking is 13.00 a night it adds up free parking and airport shuttle are must needed perks to make this hotel over the top Amazing staff especially night managers and the host of social hour (ask for local tips) they will also grocery shop for you for free and pets allowed! Free wifi nice pools and bbqs even an icecream vending machine arcade games pool table and 24 hr convenience store( good but should offer fresh fruit yogurt parfaits veggies and dip and local offerings from maybe a bakery ie sandwiches brownies etc Loved this hotel! Will be looking for more residence inns in other citys

• Stayed December 2013
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank You! You really brought out some great features about our hotel. I’m so happy that you and your family really enjoyed staying with us. That’s what my staff and I strive for. I love hearing your suggestions. My staff and I will review them at our next meeting. Thank you again for taking the time to write us such a great review.

Todd Capizzo

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley? Share your experiences!