“Mission Valley” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Bristol, Connecticut
“Mission Valley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel was clean and comfortable and offerred a free breakfast. We were upgraded to a family suite which has two bedrooms one with a bunkbed and one with a king. Everything was clean and pleasant, and I slept very well on the bed. This was a nice place to stay if you are finishing up a day of traveling, and want to rest up prior to heading to the rest of your vacation. The one unusual thing about the room though (the family suite) in order for the children to use the bathroom, they have to go through the master bedroom. Under certain circumstances this can be rather inconvenient.

Room Tip: Be aware that the family suite requires children to go through master bedroom to use bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of my hotel on Trip Advisor. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy some rest and relaxation during your time here at my hotel. The room you stayed in was our two-bedroom, one-bathroom suite and yes the bathroom is in the main bedroom however we do offer two-bedroom, two-bathroom suties with a bathroom in each bedroom so please do not hesitate to ask upon you return for the availability of this room type. We look forward to hearing from you soon and accommodating you in the future!

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Room was good - had two bedrooms with the kids on a bunkbed (great after 3 nights with them in the same room).
Breakfast free and much better than the previous Residence - busy but manageable. Didnt try the pool but looked inviting.
Free food and drinks unbelievable - any wine/ beer for 90 minutes ..... A great touch.
Main thing though was the staff - were friendly and accomdating.
I would definately recommend this hotel for families.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of my hotel on Trip Advisor. Happy to hear that you found our rooms to be accommodating for you and your family’s needs while staying here with us in San Diego. The bunk beds are always a fun touch for our guests with younger children, allowing the kids to feel like they have their own special space while also giving the parents some room for quiet and relaxation when needed while traveling. It also sounds like you were able to take full advantage of our complimentary breakfast, light meals in the evening and our beer and wine happy hour from 6-7:30 every night. I hope you were able to try many of the seven different brews we offer on tap, many of them being local to San Diego. On behalf of my staff and me, we look forward to your return trip to San Diego and hope that we can accommodate you and your family once again.

Talkeetna, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nice furnishings in room. They appear to have been recently remodeled. Common areas in very good shape. Parking charge was high and unexpected, This is the only Residence Inn I have ever seen charge for this.

Room Tip: Facing Courtyardor on back side away from freeway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay at my hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad you were able to enjoy your time while here in San Diego. Being a big destination city with high demands it is our company policy to charge for parking in order to keep up with the surrounding properties. We hope you will be back in the San Diego area soon!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Had a two bedroom unit very clean and spacious. The hotel is great for families with children of all ages. Great breakfasts favourite waffles and evening social wine and beer tasting. Staff very accommodating and friendly. Thank you for a great holiday. One suggestion for consideration to perhaps have a food bank section where one could drop off unopened food for the less fortunate in the the community. We had a lot of food unopened, the front desk did mention that it would not be throwing in the garbage. I sure hope that this does get to someone in need. Thank you

Room Tip: Two bedroom units are great very spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing a review of my hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to know that we were able to assist in helping your holiday be the best it could be while you were here in San Diego. As my staff mentioned to you we do not waste the left over unopened food in the rooms, we are always able to find a home that can use the items, so rest assure that it does not go to waste. We look forward to your next holiday to San Diego and hope that we are able to accommodate you once again.

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Positives:
Staff is friendly
Wonderful family breakfast buffet, staff was VERY attentive at whatever was needed. We were impressed with them.
Nice bigger pool and spa.
Clean, decent size rooms
Very clean, upscale hotel
Close to most attractions, right next to freeway with great access
Discount passes to major attractions (though we didn't use them)
Supper in the evening
You feel safe at this hotel

Negatives:
Walls seem thin, easy for others to hear making you feel like you have to be extra quiet
Elevators in corners are slow
Not a big fan of staying in rooms where pets were at (though they clean them well)
Parking costs $13/day
Wish the supper would go past 7:30pm
Hotel doesn't have a lot of property as it is on the kind of squishy feeling hotel circle
Mattresses not very comfortable

Overall great value for the money

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RIMVGM, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of my hotel on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive and negative experiences with us. Feedback from our guests is what helps my hotel to improve on a daily basis. It is nice to hear that you found the property, rooms, many of the amenities, and the location to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. We look forward to your next trip back!

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here recently for a business trip and decided to bring my family along with me (since it was the perfect opportunity to have a little San Diego getaway!). The suites are very spacious, more than enough for four people and was very clean and inviting. They have free breakfast every morning and a light dinner every night which mainly consists of salad, soups and more. Between certain hours they also serve beer and wine. They have different evening events to keep visitors happy, and the staff is also very nice and accommodating. I only stayed for two nights but if I had to stay somewhere for an extended period of time, I would love to be here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review from your recent stay on Trip Advisor. I am glad you and your family were able to enjoy your time here at my hotel, even with business in the mix. San Diego has various attractions for people of all ages, which makes it a perfect place for leisure travel. With our all suite rooms, including kitchens, living space and separate bedrooms, it is perfect for families just like yours and it is nice to know that you were able to spread out and utilize all the rooms have to offer. We hope that it will not be long before you and your family are back!

Bergen, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This may have been the most genuinely helpful staff I have encountered. The rooms were very good. Well equipped and nothing to think about. So otherwise, the only things we had to consider we're activities in common areas. These folks made it easy. And FAST.

Is the pool heated, yes. Do you serve dinner free of charge, yes. ( super savings for families) Does free wifi reach even the farthest rooms, yes. Can you help me glue my broken sandal strap, yes. Can you help me book tickets, yes. Can you please ask them not to empty the container outside my window at 4 am, yes. Can you please restock the pool towels right away, yes. Can I please get a new hair dryer, yes.

Anything we asked for was fixed or arranged very quickly, and was seemingly no bother to the friendly staff.

We would easily recommend to friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing a review of my hotel on Trip Advisor. I have passed along your wonderful feedback of my staff and they could not be happier to know that their hard work was recognized and that they were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible. It also sounds like you and your family were able to indulge in many of the complimentary amenities my hotel offers, wifi, breakfast and dinner 5 nights a week, beer and wine social hour 7 days a week, to name a few. They all make the value of the hotel that much better. We look forward to accommodating you all again soon!

Todd Capizzo

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley? Share your experiences!