My family of 4 (2 parents, 2 college-age kids) stayed at this hotel for a week. We were very pleased with the service - complimentary beverages nightly and light dinner most nights, full breakfast daily (including heart healthy/light options!!!!), coffee and fresh ice water available all day in the lobby, laundry, business center, small sundry shop, pool and jacuzzi, above-average gym, basketball court, even a small game room. The service we received from housekeeping was exceptional. Our room had a full kitchen, and we used dishes and the coffee maker daily. Every day, the dishes were done, and the coffee pot was cleaned. Our coffee supplies were generously replenished every day. Linens were fresh, everything was neater than neat, and we never ran out of toiletries.
I felt very welcome here. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
This hotel is centrally located near where I-8 meets 163. We were literally close to everything - the airport, the harbor, the beach, the mall, Old Town, Sea World, and tons of restaurants. However, the location is set back from the road (eliminating freeway noise, by the way), so watch carefully for the sign, and beware of iPhone Maps directions. The app sent us up into a residential area, trying to get us to the back of the property (we presume). If your GPS doesn't tell you to exit the 8 or the 163 onto Hotel Circle, you may want to call for directions, or just search for "Hotel Circle South" and watch for the sign.
The only negative comment I have is the noise in our room, and this may have been isolated to our room only, due to it's location. We were in room 145, which is below ground level, and has a walkway and ramp directly above it. All night (it seems), people would walk over the walkway, often dragging suitcases, making one of the bedrooms noisy. The walls seemed thin, as we could hear muted conversations and other creaky noises around us. None of these issues were annoying enough to cause us to ask for another room, and all noises were easily eliminated with earplugs (my answer to noise in any hotel).
Bottom line, I would definitely recommend this clean, convenient, friendly hotel if you need two rooms but want to be together. (PS - they allow well-mannered pets as well!)
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley Hotel San Diego
- Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley Hotel
- Residence Inn San Diego
- San Diego Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Inn by Marriott® San Diego Mission Valley is in the center of it all! We are an upscale all suite extended stay hotel in San Diego California located only five miles from the San Diego International Airport (SAN) and just down the street from Sea World Adventure Park®. From the beaches of Torrey Pines to Belmont and Balboa Parks to the night life of the Downtown Gaslamp Quarter, The Residence Inn by Marriott® San Diego MissionValley is in the heart of all San Diego! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Travelocity, Booking.com, Venere, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Mission Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.