“Another Great Residence Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway

You added Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12011 Scripps Highlands Dr, & Scripps Poway Pkwy, San Diego, CA 92131   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #24 of 273 Hotels in San Diego
Portland, Oregon
“Another Great Residence Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I really love Residence Inns. I have been trying more and more to stay at them whenever possible, though there aren't that many where I tend to go. I do feel bad staying here for just one night, as they give you so much and are clearly meant for long-term stays. Still, if they're going to allow it, I'm going to jump at the chance.

As has been my experience in the past, the room was great and the price was reasonable. This hotel was a little older than the last one I stayed at, but it was kept up very well.

There are two small things that force me to take off a star. The first is the internet. If you're staying here more than one night and rely on the internet for work or just general connection to the outside world, you won't want to stay here. The wireless here was terrible.

The only other thing was that housekeeping came into my room in the few minutes I was downstairs getting breakfast. I'm told I shouldn't care about this, but I feel like if I'm checking out that morning, they can wait until I do check out to start to clean. What was really odd was that they just came in, opened the entry closet door and maybe emptied a garbage. Maybe it's too much logistics, but I think it's manageable to avoid the rooms of those that are checking out and focus on the others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. We are in the process of upgrading our WiFi service should be completed within the next couple of weeks. We look forward to your next stay.

Thanks Again,

Kelly Herrington

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Clean room, full kitchen. In room coffee. Friendly staff. The night we stayed was noisy until about 10:00PM because of a young (about 10 year old) basketball group. This would be a good choice for an extended stay hotel. A lot of eating choices close buy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We value our guest's comments, and were so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope we get a chance to serve you again in the future.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

This was our first family trip! Myself, my husband and our 2 little girls (age 2 and 1).
The hotel was so accommodating with providing 2 pack n'plays that were in pristine condition. The room was extremely clean!
The Free breakfast allowed us to enjoy a proper well balanced healthy meal to start our day. Not mention Maria the wonderful attendant was super friendly and that only added to our experience. Oh and I need to mention that from Mon-Thur there is Free Dinner as well, all of the food was delicious!
The LOCATION of this hotel is PERFECT! (Free onsite parking) It was only a 15 min drive to Sea World, San Diego Zoo, Pacific Beach, Fashion Valley Mall (high end luxury shopping like Gucci) also a good movie theatre. We even went to Disneyland at it took 1.5 hours. Not long at all. However Avoid going North towards LA anytime on a Friday, Giant traffic mess.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with Small Children and have a stroller, stay on the main floor. Very easy Acc...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. We look forward to your next stay.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Just spent two nights here on business and I must say the room was excellent. it is like a small apartment with a full kitchen and the rates are very reasonable. This was very close to my destination and convenient. It is right off of the 15 freeway but still very quiet. Breakfast is included and they have a decent buffet available.
While the hotel has no restaurant or bar there is a Chili's a short walk away and other choices within a short drive.
I had two very good nights sleep and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share a review of on Trip Advisor. I appreciate you sharing your positive experiences with us. It is nice to hear that you found the property to meet your needs during your stay here in San Diego. Hope you to see you again in the future.

Thanks Again,

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My wife and I have been staying at this property for 7 weeks due to a fire at our condo. From the first day here everything has been near perfect. The one bedroom "studio" is quite comfortable and clean. The staff has been very professional , courteous and friendly and has responded quickly to all of our needs/requests. Staff has made us feel at home the entire stay. This hotel being "pet friendly" has been a huge plus as we have a small dog enduring the extended stay here. A special thanks to Derek, Cynthia and Alexis, who, along with the rest of the staff and management here at Residence Inn has made our stay here, under trying circumstances,. very very pleasant. Would enthusiastically recommend staying here when visiting San Diego for business or pleasure!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the review! We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff took good care of you. We hope you come back and visit soon.

Hillsboro, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This hotel surpassed all of my expectations. Excellent customer service, clean & well maintained rooms, comfortable beds, nice pool & fitness gym. Breakfast was great! Check in took just a few minutes and every time we needed something, we had it immediately. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We loved our two bedroom suite with the kitchen!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, May 2, 2014

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I have been a regular client of this facility for more than eight years. Rooms are clean spacious and airy. The fitness center, although compact, is decent. The pool is well-maintained, albeit to small of serious lap swimming and the staff is consistently courteous. The complimentary breakfast is among the best I've seen in a major chain and the weekday suppers are decent for fueling the appetite of the business traveler. Recently. my off-brand phone cable had failed and the manager the facility, Derek, loaned me his for the balance of the stay. This incident is typical of the service I have received. Recommend without reservation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for sharing a review on Trip Advisor. I have passed along your wonderful feedback to the staff and they could not be happier to know that their hard work was recognized. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.