“The best family hotel...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12011 Scripps Highlands Dr, & Scripps Poway Pkwy, San Diego, CA 92131   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #2 of 270 hotels in San Diego
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“The best family hotel...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you plan to visit san diego with your family always choose this hotel without giving a second thought.Very courteous staff, respond in minutes for every need.Surroundings are very safe if you are going with your family.It is also located in a very good area accessible to every other place you wanna visit in san diego.I have been to san diego with my 11 week old baby and me and my husband took a great choice being here.They helped us in every way possible.Well ultimately i would say we had a great trip and the stay is best

Mr and Mrs Allam

Room Tip: With babies kitchen is must
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We were simply delighted to read the wonderful review you shared on TripAdvisor. Our team is committed to providing service so memorable, and we're glad it showed. Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just wanted to compliment the front office staff, especially Laura, on her can-do attitude and utmost professionalism. Helpful in every way to make my stay the best ever. Whenever I had a problem during checkout, she spent all morning to make sure it was fixed. The breakfast is outstanding and the free Stone IPA during the manager's reception is not bad either. If you stay there, make sure to try out Yanni's restaurant!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful to hear Laura took care of you. We hope you'll come back and visit soon.

Warm regards,
Ahwatukee arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I go visit San Diego a lot and I continue to stay at this hotel. Rooms are always clean. It is a quiet room when I was there I noticed there were lots of young kids and I never heard a peep in my room. The staff is great and are very helpful. one night it was late and we didn't get a chance to stop and eat. So I called the front desk and asked who has the best delivery pizza they gave us a great place the pizza was the best. I highly recommend this Marriott.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the GREAT review! We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff took good care of you. We hope you come back and visit soon.

New Bern North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have been here for a month and have been continually impressed by the entire staff. The managers have done an outstanding job training their staff. Everyone from housekeeping to food servers to the folks at the front desk always do their best to ensure the guests are taken care of. Also my family came out for a few days and Cynthia went out of her way to ensure my wife and daughter had a special experience. Fantastic. MHC

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for the review! Our team is committed to making our guests' stay both enjoyable and comfortable. We value your feedback, and are grateful for the recognition you placed on our staff. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us.

Warm regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here for work for a week in September. I loved it. The location was great being an exit or two up from a big restaurant and theater complex, restaurants in the parking lot (Wendy's, Chili's) and close enough to where I was working in Poway. The room felt nice, fresh, and well maintained and was quiet even though I was on the restaurant side of the building. Breakfast was reasonably good (I know, all Marriotts are the same menu, food vendor, etc. but it was well kept, stocked, and fresh.)

I met lots of the staff as I was in and out a little during the day and found them all amicable and engaged. I'm returning next month on the same project and feel like I'll go back and they'll recognize me and ask how I’ve been, like I've made friends almost. Very friendly vibe, I like that a lot.

Also, local beer in the area 2-3 miles was exceptional. Ballast Point, AleSmith, Rough Draft. Hours on some of them were not really conducive to out-of-towners though

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! We value your feedback and appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad to hear you are returning next month.

San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I mailed a letter to the General Manager almost four weeks ago and have not heard back from her. I had an unacceptable experience with my confirmed reservation some weeks ago and had to stay instead at another property this GM manages. I'd rather not reach the GM through this vehicle, but her unresponsiveness has forced my hand. I do love this property, and was disappointed that I had to stay somewhere else, but I'm more disappointed the GM has not responded to my

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Greg,

I’m so sorry to hear about your reservation issue and would like to know more. Guest concerns are very important to us and we’re disappointed that this one slipped through. Unfortunately, I have not received your letter. I do appreciate that you took the time to write your concern to us and would very much like the opportunity to remedy the problem.

You’re welcome to call my office at any time. Simply ask the front desk for me and I promptly return all guest calls. The front desk can also provide you with my email address. Marriott customer service is also great way to express a hotel concern. All guest concerns funneled through customer service are directed to the hotel’s General Manager and a timely response is required. Marriott has a great, comprehensive system for customer feedback and it’s very important to me that all guests get the service and attentiveness that they deserve.

Please feel free to reach out to me any means and we’ll be on the lookout for your letter.

Regards,
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have stayed here for 5 months and the staff is very helpful and friendly. Laura is very helpful making reservations and Maria and Cindy ensure there is plenty of food for breakfast and dinner. I highly recommend this hotel staff - they continue to treat me very well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kelly_Herrington, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing a review on Trip Advisor. I have passed along your wonderful feedback to the staff and they could not be happier to know that their hard work was recognized. We look forward to your next stay.

Kelly Herrington

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway? Share your experiences!