My family of 4 stayed at his hotel back in April 2013 during spring break. As a frequent traveler, I've stayed at many Marriott hotels, some very upscale, and I must remark that this Residence Inn is absolutely incredible. All of the staff that I encountered was very helpful, cheerful, and kind (this included everyone at the front desk, the housekeeping staff, the groundskeeper, and the gal who worked in the kitchen/food areas in the mornings and evenings). They actually took the time to make eye contact and provided a greeting, either a simple "Hello", or "Is there anything I can assist you with?", or "I hope you're having a great day". On my last day at this hotel and as I was loading my luggage stacked onto the hotel's luggage cart into my car, the groundskeeper who was doing some simple yard work around the hotel actually made it a point to stop what he was doing and actually help me load my car and then returned the hotel's luggage cart back to the hotel lobby. Who does that?! That's a perfect example of EXCELLENT customer service and friendliness!
My 2-bedroom suite was incredibly convenient and quiet, even as it overlooked the pool area during spring break. As a family of 4, I really appreciated the complimentary upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite to allow us more space and comfort, especially after a very busy day of activities throughout beautiful San Diego. I know the complimentary upgrade comes as part of the benefit of being a Marriott Gold member, and as a frequent traveler, it's always nice to feel appreciated by a big company like Marriott.
As someone who has traveled a lot and stayed at a variety of regular and upscale Marriott properties (Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, JW Marriott, Gaylord properties, Courtyard Marriott, and regular Marriott hotels) I was very amazed at how serious this hotel valued customer service. Many other hotel chains and properties could really learn from this specific Residence Inn's example.
I don't always take the time to provide online feedback, but everyone at this Residence Inn impressed me so much that I felt compelled to share my experience, even 4 months after my stay. Thank you to all the wonderful and well trained staff at this Residence Inn. You made it tough for other hotels to live up to the standard for excellence in customer service that you have set. I will definitely be staying here again!
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway Hotel San Diego
- Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway Hotel
- Residence Inn San Diego
- San Diego Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovations completed October 2011! New Rooms, New Lobby! We are located just minutes away from Rancho Bernardo, Poway, and San Diego business parks, and we are a short distance from southern California's beaches, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, and other area attractions. When visiting San Diego, the Residence Inn by Marriott - San Diego/Rancho Bernardo/Scripps-Poway is the perfect choice for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.