We stayed at this hotel for a full week from March 11th through to the 18th. I was nervous at first about the location of this hotel, but was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to drive to SeaWorld, Legoland, the Safari Park and any other attractions we wanted to take in, from this area. It has easy access to / from the freeway, yet we could not hear any of the traffic noise. There were also plenty of restaurants and shopping centers nearby, so we will gladly book this hotel again for our next trip. We were travelling with a 2 year old and a 5 year old and the complimentary breakfast and evening dinners were not just a great convenience but a fantastic meal as well. The rooms were very comfortable for our family and the kids loved the swimming pool. The staff working the front desk and looking after the breakfast / dinner area were very friendly and always helpful. They always welcomed us as we'd arrive for a meal, ensure we had everything we needed and wished us well as we'd head back to our room or out for the day. We had an allergy emergency (self inflicted by something we had bought to eat in our room) with our 2 year old which required an ambulance to take her to the hospital. When we realized what was happening, we rushed her down to the front desk and Derek, whom was the manager on staff at that moment, took immediate action. He called the ambulance, kept us informed with the information and instructions he was getting over the phone. He remained on the line with them until the ambulance arrived a short time later. It was extremely frightening for us to go through, but we will be forever grateful for how Derek and the staff handled this situation. We were extremely fortunate that only 5 hours later we were all back from the hospital and able to carry on with our vacation. San Diego is one of our favorite vacation destinations and we know which hotel we will be staying at on our next visit. Thanks again to all of the staff and especially Derek.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway Hotel San Diego
- Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway Hotel
- Residence Inn San Diego
- San Diego Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovations completed October 2011! New Rooms, New Lobby! We are located just minutes away from Rancho Bernardo, Poway, and San Diego business parks, and we are a short distance from southern California's beaches, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, and other area attractions. When visiting San Diego, the Residence Inn by Marriott - San Diego/Rancho Bernardo/Scripps-Poway is the perfect choice for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.