The last review posted here requested an extra waffle maker. But with all they had to offer at breakfast, we didnt even touch the waffles! Besides a great selection of juices, yogurt, milk, bagels, muffins (ooh, was that chocolate and cheesecake?), fruit, rice with furikake and miso soup (if you're so inclined), they offer a different selection of warm items- egg, ham and cheese muffin one morning, a yummy sausage and potato scramble the next. It was such a delightful way to start our day. We could not find a tip basket at the breakfast area, which somehow conveys the message that it's their pleasure to serve! But perhaps we just overlooked it?
I was skeptical about the complimentary dinner that many people have mentioned. But it was delicious and substantial (I've posted a picture of their menu for the time we were there- ranging from lasagna, meatloaf, fajitas, Kung pao chicken, eggplant Parmesan...) and a welcome gesture when we had been travelling the whole day.
The room exceeded expectations. Ever since we started a family, we stay in suites. This suite offers a full kitchen- not just a microwave and a full-sized fridge, but 2 stove top burners and a dishwasher! The cupboards are stocked with glassware, dishes and flatware. And paper towels, kitchen towels and sponge/dish washing liquid are all provided! The armchair in the living room reclines too :) Our window overlooked the highway but we did not hear a sound throughout our stay. We stayed in 423, at the end of the hall.
It is a good 20min drive to town, and not negligible. But if you plan your day, and you're not coming back in the middle of the day, it's excellent value. When I saw the traffic downtown, and the cars piled up just waiting to exit their centrally located hotels, I figured we did good!
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway Hotel San Diego
- Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway Hotel
- Residence Inn San Diego
- San Diego Residence Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovations completed October 2011! New Rooms, New Lobby! We are located just minutes away from Rancho Bernardo, Poway, and San Diego business parks, and we are a short distance from southern California's beaches, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, the San Diego Wild Animal Park, and other area attractions. When visiting San Diego, the Residence Inn by Marriott - San Diego/Rancho Bernardo/Scripps-Poway is the perfect choice for you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.