“Lynn A.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway

Save Saved
You added Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway to your Saves list
Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12011 Scripps Highlands Dr, & Scripps Poway Pkwy, San Diego, CA 92131   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #5 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
San Diego, Ca
“Lynn A.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is our 2nd stay at the Residence Inn on Scripps Poway Parkway and were happy to see so many familiar faces from our last stay 4 years ago. The staff is so friendly and accommodating to the needs of their guests. The new renovations give the hotel an even cozier feel. Its a great hotel for family as well as your dogs. The breakfast and and the light dinners (Mon.-Thurs.) are delicious and filling. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone coming to the San Diego area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I am always stumped when it comes to planning anything nice for the hubby as far as his birthday goes, but this year I had a brilliant idea. I figured why not go and stay at the Residence Inn that was just a block away from our house and take the kids and make a mini vacation out of it. Boy, I finally had one great idea in my 47 years. We ended up getting a two bedroom suite which was super clean, and very nicely decorated. My twin boys were having a blast going from room to room, commenting on how cool and nice the place was. The front counter staff was also very pleasant and you can just tell that this particular Residence Inn is very well managed. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Their location could also not be any better. We walked to Chilis which is in the same mall and could even have drinks without worrying about driving home. I also have to admit that the bed was more comfortable than ours at home and the towels much softer:).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Trent and Cathy help make your visit to San Diego a wonderful experience. I can not express enough how wonderful everyone is at this hotel. I have stayed here many times and it always a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
GMSDMarriotts, General Manager at Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
woettinger,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your positive experiences with our Residence Inn. We take tremendous pride in delivering great service and our Suite rooms!

We look forward to welcoming back to your home away from home soon.

-Trent Selbrede, General Manager
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I have had the pleasure of being a guest at the Residence Inn on two, long term occasions and have been more than pleased on each occasion. The staff, which to our amazement, has not changed much over the last four years, makes you feel like family starting with the General Manager, the Senior Management, all the way down to the folks that serve breakfast and dinner. You feel like one of the family when you stay at this location. The rooms are immaculate and the grounds are well kept. The hotel is centrally located to downtown, north county and the other locations in San Diego. I highly recommend staying at this location!

los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just came from an overnight stay at this Marriott property and I am absolutely happy with this find. First of all, it was difficult to find a last minute, decent and affordable place to stay within San Diego during this month when they have the Kids Free promo. The one bedroom suite was so clean and restful, I wished we could have stayed longer. The kitchen and the separate living room area was nice especially since my son had long gone to sleep by the time we arrived at the hotel, tired from all the sights and shows of Seaworld. It was perfect to have a mom and dad space without disturbing my little one's rest. Although farther away from downtown SanDiego, we actually enjoyed the peace and quiet of the area. We found a nearby church early this morning and went back to the hotel for a full hot breakfast. Wow! The staff was amazing. I can understand how easy it is to give a free continental breakfast to guests, but it was obvious how much more effort was needed to give guests a good hot breakfast and making sure that there was enough for everyone from opening time (7:00 am ) to closing time (10:00 am). Check out was at 12:00 noon, which was 2 hours later than what we get from other hotels. We were actually able to dip into the pool before leaving. I was thinking that the best way to say thank you for such a nice stay was to write this review and give it 5 stars! Go ahead try it out yourself!

LAtravelbug_11,

Thank you so much for the positive comments. With 18 reviews in 9 cities (as of this message), we can tell that you are a savvy traveler and are thoughtful in your reviews.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

-Trent Selbrede, General Manager
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 30 days for temporary living prior to moving into my apartment. Staff are excellent; the room, or I should say suite, was great. It is a great location, close to I15 (but not too close). All the necessary amenities are close by (restaurants, gas, stores), and their are hiking/biking trails nearby. I would really recommend this hotel to any of my friends !! Enjoy !

Room Tip: I picked a bottom floor room fairly close to the back parking lot,...nice and (very) quiet, and easy...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Scotts Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

So where do I begin...I am an RN at a bay area trauma center and stressful is an understatement. It takes a special environment to attempt to wash away the residue, heartache and day to day trauma.
From the moment I put my suitcase down in my amazing suite to enjoying my first glass of wine sitting by the fire pit, i knew this would be "mission accomplished" by the end of my stay.
Hours in the pool, by the pool, reading my favorite books, to enjoying your healthy, fresh meals made for a perfect vacation. I will not only be returning, but have already referred no less than 15 of my friends as well.
Thank you Residence Inn for hiring the most professional, front desk staff that I have ever dealt with. Every question or request was immediately addressed and attended to. The front desk staff of any hotel of where I travel, to me, is the most refective of the overall service that I can expect. Bravo Bravo!!! What more can i say except that, "I AM COMING BACK!".

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Residence Inn San Diego Scripps Poway Parkway? Share your experiences!