“Great evening staff” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nanaimo, Canada
“Great evening staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This is second time we have stayed here e route to somewhere . The evening staff AJ is great very helpfull. Internet connection was not available at all and the bed seemed soft this time . Morning breakfast is good for a free one,muffins, sausage and eggs , good coffee we gave them a credit card on checking in and the am staff wasn't going to let us pay cash rather than use our card but after giving him exact payment he was accepting it

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn At The Harbor, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apology for the internet not working. The wireless internet support has corrected that issue. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.
A J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Vadodara, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

we stayed for two nights and went to san deigo zoo and sea world on separate days from here....hotel is very clean...nice breakfast and very good service during the breakfast...very friendly staff at check in...rooms are very nice....however, i would not recomend it for stay if you are in san deigo only to visit these parks...there are better and cheaper places near the park!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn At The Harbor, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. The staff and I are happy you enjoyed your morning breakfast and your accommodations. We are centrally located to many of San Diego main attractions including only ten minutes away from Sea World. We appreciate your time and valuable feedback and we hope to see you on your next visit to San Diego.
Hemet, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stay here when we're flying out of San Diego Int'l Airport. This was the first time we traveled with our 9mo old. I think they've updated the rooms, the floor was laminate. They already had our room ready with a crib. We stayed twice in October: night before an early am flight and the day we flew in.

Our second room looked really clean, but our baby's feet were black after a few minutes of toddling around. It was obvioud they didn't mop in between bookings.

The breakfast is consistently good - continental with sausage & egg makings for breakfast sandwhiches. The staff refreshes all items frequently.

Pizza Noval and Point Loma Seafood are within walking distance - great eats at both places.

Room Tip: Room 101 has an adjacent room with bunk beds and the main room had enough room for a crib.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn At The Harbor, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor.
Please accept my sincere apology for the flooring. I have informed the housekeeping supervisor of this matter. We did recently change the flooring in the rooms.
I hope you had a relaxing vacation and we hope to see you again for your next flight out of San Diego.
Southampton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Two night stay after cross country ride. Hotel is clean and well appointed. Staff friendly during check in and breakfast girl was very attended to our needs. Across the street from America's Cup Harbor and over night fishing trip marina. Hotel is clean but is dated as it probably was a vacation weekly rental type motel before. No tub but shower only, which was fine and probably the first hotel were I had a window that opened for the bathroom. Also suite room had an extra room for ?children? with a sofa bed but no TV, (I am sure that the hotel staff would get a TV into that room as there is a cable hookup in that small room. We arrived 5:30 pm (Sept.19th) after making reservations with Choice Hotel Rewards Program, everything fine with check in.. 6:30am breakfast start was fine and food was plenty and fine for the price (free). Overall I would recommend this hotel. The outdoor pool looked clean but I didn't get the opportunity to use it. The 2nd story large balcony overlooking the Harbor was great and comfortable All good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn At The Harbor, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. I am happy that you enjoyed your accommodations. The morning breakfast is a very good start to the day. I am glad you were able to relax on the sundeck, especially after a busy day of sightseeing. I hope you were able to visit some of the local restaurants at the Sports Fishing Harbor, many of them have the fresh catch of the day on their menu. The staff and I hope to see you soon.
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The buildings have been around for awhile but the rooms have been updated and are very clean. The bed was quite comfortable. The staff was very friendly. It is a good value right across from the marinas on Point Loma. The Internet had some of the better speeds I have seen at a hotel; I had no trouble streaming a movie.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for commenting on your stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. The staff and I are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to hear that you did not have any problems using the wireless internet from your room. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in this area.
Worcester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently spent two nights at this hotel. The room was better than i expected for the price. It was clean and comfortable. There was only a shower, the enter door was small, but that was fine. Plenty of hot water. I ran the A/C constantly on low which muffles most of the road noise. The breakfast included eggs and sausage which was a perfect start to the day. The location is good, located near the bicycle path. The only real compliant I have was the sound of doors slamming both nights 11PM, 1AM,4AM being woke in the middle of sleep. The door to my room was in a small outside corridor which led to four rooms. I don't know what was going on in the other 3 rooms, but if I was to stay here again it wouldn't be in a room off of one of these corridors.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn At The Harbor, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thanks for commenting on your recent stay at Comfort Inn At The Harbor. Please accept my apologies for the noise from the near by rooms. I am sorry that this kept you awake. I am happy that you enjoyed the morning breakfast and the Point Loma area. I do hope that you will consider staying with us again.
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our room is non-smoking but somehow it smells like somebody smoke in there before. The room is very small. There is no bathtub, just shower. Location is pretty good. There is a ralphs just two blocks away. Breakfast is better than many continental breakfast at motels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SonnySanDiego, Manager at Comfort Inn At The Harbor, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thanks for the valuable feedback. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience of the room size. I am happy that you enjoyed the hot breakfast. It is a great start to any day. I hope you do consider staying with us again on your next trip to San Diego.
Thanks, A J

Been to Comfort Inn At The Harbor? Share your experiences!