“Came Here on a Whim!” 4 of 5 stars

San Diego, California
10 attraction reviews
“Came Here on a Whim!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We came across a parking spot directly in front of their front door, while looking for a spot to park at so we could go over to the Waterfront Bar. We thought it was fate so we walked into Ballast instead. It did not disappoint us at all, whatsoever. We thoroughly enjoyed their fine burgers, fries, bratwurst, & varied assortment of freshly made brews. It was fate that brought us here & it made us happy on our decision to eat & drink at this fine establishment!

Visited December 2013

Cambridge, Canada
30 attraction reviews
“Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I wandered across this gem after leaving the Saturday Mercado in Little Italy. It was close to noon, so we stopped in to try some of their craft beers. A great find!

Staff were hugely friendly and freely offered samples to taste before ordering. Todd started with a pint of Calico Amber Ale, then sampled the Calico Pepper Amber Ale (with Guajillos + Ghost peppers = heat). I had a glass of India Pale Ale, then switched to Pumpkin Down (spices + herbs = yummy).

After some beers, we decided it was time to have some food (besides, it was lunchtime….). Great menu at Ballast Point – unique tastes offered. We shared their onion rings (beer battered and huge portion for $5) and the slow-cooked pork sliders (2 burgers with coleslaw served with potato salad for $9). By the time we left, the place was packed with the lunch crowd (a testament on how good it is).

A must visit when in the area!

Visited December 2013
San Diego
3 attraction reviews
“Fun place but always crowded”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I really like the beer selection. What I don't like is how the bartenders serve beer. Many times they ignore people at the bar waiting patiently to order. They need some sort of number system. Make it fair for people that don't like getting cut in line. They seriously need to make the space bigger. Often there's no place to stand, sit, or move.

Visited November 2013
San Diego, California
59 attraction reviews
“My favorite of the 3 this weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Spent Saturday touring breweries; Ballast Point was my favorite. $1 per taste makes it simple plus a 10% military discount makes it even better! Brews were good with quite a mix of ales, IPA's, and even had a few spicy beers made with peppers. They had cool designs for their beers on tins and on glasses as well that were all very reasonably priced. Service was great - even recommended other breweries. Will definitely go back!

Visited November 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I'm an IPA fan...and they had 3 of the best I've ever had. Good prices and a really cool atmosphere. If I lived in SD, I'd be a regular. Great place to spend a Friday evening.

Visited October 2013