“Nice pulled pork” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Seating
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Nice pulled pork”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We checked this place out as it was near to our hotel. Friendly service and food was was served quickly. Good choice of beers/ale. Porked pork sandwhich was really nice - not the best we have had but quite good value. Good place for a quick meal or l

1 Thank 186299Richard

Barboursville, Virginia
“Lunch stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

The food was served fast and tasted good. You probably are not going to San Diego for BBQ but if you have the urge, I would try Nathans.

Visited July 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Child Labor Laws Apply?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

First of all, all the indoor seating was filled, so we had to eat outside. This is usually fine, but the outside seating was similar to that of a mid-west church ice cream social. The chairs were rickety, the tables dirty, and the ambiance non-existent. A kid no older than 13 served us our sub-par bbq pulled pork sandwiches and then explained that they had no bbq sauce. Really? The sandwiches were bordering on cold, and the ice in our sodas was melty. Perhaps if we could have sat inside, this would be a different review. The people inside seemed to be pretty happy with the place, but we were not. To sum up, avoid the outside seating. As for the children working there, I have no clue what was up with that. Strange.

• Visited August 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Middletown, New Jersey
“Worth a shot for lunch...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

I stumbled across this place walking from my hotel. I saw smokehouse and had to try it. I am sort of a bbq snob and have been painstakingly smoking my own meats for well over 15 years. I decided to try the pulled pork platter. It was ok but tasted off to me. I am not sure why but it had a slightly strange taste. It wasn't bad, just not great. It needed more smoke for my taste but don't let this discourage you. Bbq is very subjective so it could be great in your eyes. The portion was really nice! I was very full. Fries were just ok and slaw was pretty good. My wifes ruben looked delicious but I didn't try it since I hammered the entire pork platter, about 13 or 14 bucks. The ruben was big! It was also served on texas toast which seemed like a cool twist. Bottomline, give this place a shot. I think it has potential.

Ps, anyone know what wood(s) they use to smoke with?

USA
“Great bar-b-q and reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stopped by on a whim while in town for a conference. Ordered the BBQ beef ribs, which were well smoked and moist with very little fat. Service was good: attentive but not intrusive. Their prices were reasonable for the Gaslight area, and they had just opened a fresh keg of Guinness. What could be better?

• Visited June 2012