“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
California
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just happened to be passing this restaurant around dinner time. No Greek restaurants near where I live, so I was happy. The moussaka was as good as any I've had in Greece. My friend also enjoyed his gyro plate. Dinner was about $16 each and included soup or salad; my dinner included potatoes and vegetables. Very good pita bread, too. I'll will definitely return when back in San Diego.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Louisville, Kentucky
“The real deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been searching for a good Greek restaurant for a long time. I finally found it here. The food and service was wonderful. It was so good I had it twice in one day before I left San Diego. I will definitely be back next time. Thanks.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“Good greek food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This restaurant, in a modest neighbourhood, provided just what we were looking for: good Greek food! The appetizers, soup, and lamb chops were excellent, the house wines satisfying and service friendly and attentive. Good value for the money!

Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Greek change of pace in SD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The key item to order is the lamb kebobs. The hummus is excellent ... fresh with a coarse texture, and could have used a bit more garlic. Friendly, excellent service. Bathroom is through the kitchen ... old school. Chicken souvlaki was also very good. The restaurant was very accommodating to children. The place is definitely more expensive than the places we visit for mediterranean food here in PHX.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Orinda, California
“Just OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Maybe we caught them on an "off" night? The service was courteous and our kids liked their gyros, but my entree (vegetarian combo platter - hummus, falafel, and spanakopita) and hubby's (gyros platter) were okay but IMO not as good as we'd have hoped for $16 entrees. Also there was a lot of road noise in the area where we were seated (sort of an enclosed patio area facing Rosecrans St.,) and it was a little awkward to have to go through part of the kitchen to use the restroom - ok these aren't huge drawbacks and if I were reviewing an inexpensive place like the L & L Hawaaiian BBQ next door I wouldn't even mention details like that, but for this restaurant's price range it seems like something other travelers should be aware of.

• Visited July 2012