“Breakfast/Brunch buffet” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan
New York City, New York
“Breakfast/Brunch buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The food here is excellent - and I'm fussy about food. That said, their business plan seems to need a little work. They offer only a prix fixe breakfast/brunch buffet at breakfast/brunch time for $9.00 - it is reasonable for what you can eat, but there may be some waste because it is once through and you don't know how much you will want, so you tend to take more than you might eat. And we went there the first time and everything in the buffet was great and something I would be happy to try; the next time we went, we didn't like one or two of the items on the menu. Had they offered a menu - say a bowl of porridge alone, we would have eaten there. I didn't try this place at dinner and I'm not a vegan, nor a vegetarian, but the food is delicious even for a non-Vegan. I highly recommend it, and keeping an open mind. I didn't try the coffee because I drink mine with half-and-half and almond milk or coconut milk just doesn't cut it for me. But they have a wonderful selection of teas.
Some of the service was excellent - some attitudinal - I guess they can tell I'm not a vegan.
It is self-serve for the food, they bring you the beverages, and you clear your own table. It is a learning experience designed to share the vegan message I think.
I went with my brother one time, and stopped by with my adult niece - so it isn't exactly couples, but family implies children.

• Visited March 2013

London
“Delicious (and I'm not vegan)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

A friend took me here and I have been going back once a week ever since. The food is unique and delicious, the concept is cool and original, the atmosphere is zen and friendly. All in all, you will leave Casa de Luz feeling very full, very satisfied and fulfilled. Support this local restaurant! You do not have to be vegan or vegetarian or macrobiotic to enjoy this place! The lentil red curry was fabulous, the yam and ginger soup - amazing. The lemon and lavender cookies finish it all off wonderfully with a cuppa. This place has the most perfect vibe. Go and give it a whirl as you will be all the better for it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Rock on, good folks at luz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic culinary experience.
Located in the North Park neighbourhood of San Diego.
We are not vegetarians and decided to give this restaurant a try, with two toddlers in tow. The kids loved it (they have gorgeous wooden children's tables, too), we loved it. Food was delicate, absolutely delicious, seasonal and detailed to the finest level.
If you hv to ear out, treat yourself and visit cafe du luz.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“AWESOME experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The food is AMAZING all plant based. I am a vegetarian (octo/lavo) so this was really cool. very very laid back atmosphere. GO GO GO!!! I did the 19.00 platter which was soup, salad and the entree' and tea... (all 3 and tea) plenty of food. GREAT CONCEPT!! I will go back when I come to visit...

• Visited December 2012
San Diego, CA
“Great Ambiance, serves beer, order the chocolate shake!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The ambiance, is a 11+ and the beer and wine is a bonus. I'm not a vegetarian, but the food was pretty good. They serve 1 soup, 1 salad and 1 entree per meal, not a lot to choose from. Mi esposa ordered the salad. It was a mixed green with a strange red crumpled topping, not so great. My entre was quite a bit better. A plate with a sample of lots of healthy stuff, and some of it tasted pretty good. My bambino ordered The chocolate shake and it was AMAZING. So why would I give it such a stellar score? Simple. Portlandia. If you want to see San Diego's version of Portlandia. Go here. It's hilarious, the people are hard core vegetarians and have a certain aire about them. They could tell that I'm a carnivore, so I wasn't greeted very warmly, but we loved it anyway. Fantasticly large tables, a beer and wine selection, beautiful ambiance and tasty Chocolate Shakes.

Visited November 2012