“Horrible, stay away!” 1 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Diego
San Diego Vacation Cottages
Save Saved
You added San Diego Vacation Cottages to your Saves list
1755 San Diego Avenue, 2282-2292 Congress Street, San Diego, CA 92110   |
San Diego, CA
“Horrible, stay away!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2005

First of all, pics on their website are nothing like the real thing. The Old Town Cottages were simply rundown one story 1950's condos they bought and made into "cottages." The windows had bars on them, red flag already. You check in at their La Fuentes center a mile away, and your heart sinks when you realize you paid nonrefundable money to stay in these little dingy rooms in the middle of other rundown houses. The room stank. It was cold and had no feel of coziness whatsoever. Nothing looked clean, and we didn't even want to take a shower there. Kitchen area SMELLED AWFUL. Like housekeeping didn't know how to clean up grease from past visitors. The area feels unsafe, and is a definite no no for women traveling alone. We live in San Diego and just wanted a weekend getaway. We decided to get away from this place and just go home. Wouldn't stay there even if it were free.

• Stayed February 2004

Families
Couples
Solo
Business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2004

We stayed at the Old Town property owned by San Diego Cottages from 08/27 -08/29 and were robbed of almost $7000 worth of stuff. The worst part was that the robbery occured at 11pm and we didn't have any management in the cottage till the next day at noon...!! Very poor service indeed. I would not recommend this place...and if you do stay there, remember there are no safes in the cottages so carry all your valuables with you.

• Stayed August 2004
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2004

I stayed at the cottages on Ocean Beach and loved the place. It was a really relaxing time for my family as the location was one block from the beautiful beach there, there was a heated hot tub, that my kids loved as well. The cottages were really clean and the reception staff gave us fun ideas to do in San Diego. The Australian gal, Victoria, was so funny and friendly and made our visit here so great. I would recommmend this place to everyone !!!!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2003

San Diego Vacation Cottages offers three locations: The Beach Cottages, The Old Town Cottages and Las Fuentes. I'm only reviewing Las Fuentes.The reason I'm giving these cottages one star is because they are right off the freeway. I mean, right off the freeway, like 10 yards away. The noise from the freeway is unbelievable. I find it hard to imagine anyone actually being able to sleep here, it's so loud. The cottages also aren't close enough to Old Town to be able to to walk to restaurants and shopping.To be fair, the cottages do look like the pictures inside and are pretty cute, but being inside doesn't block out the freeway noise. And it doesn't make up for the fact that nowhere on the website does it say that you're practically in the middle of I-5!Not exactly the relaxing San Diego location I was looking forward to. I ended up going to the Best Western Hacienda which was only $20 more a night and was actually in Old Town.The people were nice about me checking out, although I did still have to pay about half. Maybe their other locations are nice, but I would definately avoid this place. And I think they really should be more truthful about the location of this place.

Been to San Diego Vacation Cottages? Share your experiences!