“Excellent customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium

You added Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium
Ranked #163 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Excellent customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We were booked to stay here, but due to a family crisis we were unable to stay in the end. We had pre-paid when booking, and the terms and conditions of the booking did not allow us a refund. Given the circumstances however, the customer services team overturned their policy and gave us a full refund. They were perfectly within their rights not to refund us, and we are extremely grateful that human beings run this business and that they were allowed to use their judgement. I would recommend them on this basis.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Peoria, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I booked the room through Priceline which was a huge mistake. Do not use P Line. We were put into a smoking room. I asked to be moved but the manager could not do that saying I had requested a smoking room. I did not request a smoking room. I contacted P Line who said the hotel decided to put is in a smoking room. I asked the manager again about this.He said it was actually P line that made that decision.
The room we were put in had a stench in it that prevented us from sleeping until we went and. bought several cans of spray. The room is terrible due to burns in the carpet, the bathroom counter is broken and burned. The bath tub is burned.
The entire 3rd floor is for smoking . Down the hall from us people were smoking pot all day. I told the manager but he just laughed. This is more like a flop house than a hotel for families.
Do not put your family in this hotel in any room. The whole place is very dirty. The floors are dirty.The walls in our room are dirty. The back of the doors are filthy; covered in greasy marks.
Find a better hotel or dont complain. The Holiday Inn is right across the street for example.

Room Tip: Not at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were placed in a smoking room and that we were unable to place you elsewhere. Also, I would like to apologize for the cleanliness issues in your room. I can assure you that I will be meeting with my housekeeping staff to review our cleanliness standards to ensure your experience is not repeated. Also, I would like to note you that Extended Stay America does not condone illegal activity, and I will me meeting with my security staff to address the concerns you raised. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at skm@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Yucca Valley, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

VERY DIRTY, sewer odor, toilet was rocking, floor was sticky. staff had air freshener over the airconditioner, they knew there was an odor in this room!!!!!!! Long hair was in the bath tub, carpet was dirty. never again at this hotel!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, we will work with our staff and review our cleaning procedures to ensure that this does not occur again.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Wanted to try this hotel as it takes pets. BUT.....disappointed in several ways. Room smelled of cleaning products as soon as we walked in. Didn't have any toiletries in bathroom and had to go to front desk to get shampoo. The grab and go breakfast is very weak, don't bother, and no newspapers available. It would seem that they cater to the long term crowd way more than we realized, if your just staying one or two nights, Holiday Inn is across the street......

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Harry - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that your room had a slight odor and toiletries were not made available to you upon check-in. In response, our housekeeping staff is going to work on reducing the amount of product they use when deodorizing our guest rooms. As well, our front desk staff is going to do a better job of offering toiletries at check-in so our guests have them when needed.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at skm@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

First room smelled of stale dog and overwhelming air freshner, almost gave me a panic attack. Requested a different room and was given a handicap access room. It was a double vs. single queen. However dishes were markedly dirty. Bathtub/shower and bathroom with mold and mildew. Had to move fridge to one side in order to open and the then to other side to close - markedly move fridge. Dish drying unit was on floor under sink pipes - not sanitary. Exterior corridor, every time I heard a noise I felt I had to jump up to make sure things were ok. Vagrants were all around exterior on picnic tables/areas. Did not feel safe. Comforters disgusting with red multiple red markings on them. Notable not cleaned recently. Absolutely disgusting and feels unsafe with the other "guest" in the area. parking not ideal - more units than spaces.
Breakfast 'served' in completely separate building.

Room Tip: Avoid at all cost. Afraid of what might happen overnight and what I may wake up with.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Lancaster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

room was really nice in clean, will definitively go back to stay
bed was nice an comfortable.There was kitchen with stove and refrigerate to cook it i wanted to. also had pots and utensil available to use

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

of the non - smoking rule by having ash - trays placed in most entry walks. That results in smokers even feeling invited to smoke. Smokers tend to socialize in entry ways, smoking, drinking AND chatting. Very aggravating particularly during night time.

In addition, hotel offers rooms with windows not to open.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium? Share your experiences!