“Awful experience” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium

You added Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium
Ranked #163 of 270 Hotels in San Diego
Santa Clarita, California
“Awful experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I booked this hotel for a 3 night stay because it was close to the college, it said it was recently renovated, it had good reviews and a kitchen. I will never stay at this hotel again! When we exited the elevator to go to our room, there were what appeared to be unfinished repairs in the halls and our room had a terrible odor of mold & mildew. We asked to switch rooms and were shown three other rooms, all of which smelled unpleasant. We were told they had a flood recently and given an air neutralizer to hang on the air conditioner. No one was working to improve the damaged areas over the four days we were there. The bedding was yellowish-white and stained, the carpet did note feel clean when you walked on it in the room, the Guest Information booklet had food stains on it, the bathroom had a red crayon mark across the counter, the water pressure in the shower wasn't very good and the Grab & Go breakfast had minimal selections.

Room Tip: I would not recommend staying here unless you had no where else to go.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this review, September 7, 2012

Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent an unacceptable situation like yours from occurring. All rooms are regularly cleaned, linen changed and disinfected upon a guest's checkout as well as during applicable periods of the stay, then inspected by a manager who determines if it meets our quality standards. Obviously, your experience indicates that our system broke down.

As well, our breakfast offered each morning is more along the lines of a Deluxe Coffee Bar rather than continental. Items included are usually packaged and pieces of fruit. This should be conveyed to each of our guests upon check-in; it seems that was not the case with you, and for that I am very sorry.

Lastly, please know that we strive to provide friendly service and comfortable surroundings for our guests to enjoy. Improvements are currently being made on the property, and while we are working on sections at a time, it was not completed upon your arrival. I am glad to hear that we were able to offer you a selection of new rooms, but saddened that we did not meet your expectations.

In response, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out why and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Horizon City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My partner & I drove 10 hrs. to San Diego and made arrangements for an early check-in and room was ready at 3:30am. These hotel rooms are equipped with a full sized refrigerator, microwave, stove, dishes and sink. Rooms are clean, comforatble & a/c really cool down the rooms when hot outside!! Clean towels are provided & rooms cleaned daily. Location of hotel is close to a Wal Mart, Vons, several restaurants, gas station, Star Bucks and easy close access to I-15 & I-8.. Location, Location, Location! Staff is very friendly, helpful & accomodating!! Nayeli, Antonio & Tanya.. Thumbs Up! They really made our stay an enjoyable, comfortable & streesless one!! We needed a 2nd night stay and they were booked but notified us within 30 minutes of a cancellation & that was what made our stay worthwhile! Thanks Extended Stay & Staff, you rocked!!

Room Tip: We stayed in 2 different rooms due to booking only one night then booking another the next day. Room...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a good experience. The hotel is in a great location. The staff are really wonderful. Check in was smooth and pleasant. The price was really good for the area. Great amenities. We really can't think of anything we didn't like. Would come back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel has just recently been remodeled. the location is convinient because everything is close by and the staff are very welcoming and nice

Room Tip: King size beds are a must
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
rancho cucamunga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I love this place. It clean, comfortable and the staff is friendly. The grab and go breakfast is fresh and simple. I really enjoyed my stay and I'm defiantly stay with these guys again!

Room Tip: a quite hotel for sure
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stay. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location.
dallas,texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The staff there is great! Once i walked in I felt welcomed especially by the front desk rep.(i believe her name was Nayeli) she was very friendly and helpful. My whole experience was fantastic!! The hotel is very clean and updated. I will definatley recommend this hotel to family and friends :)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Leslie,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I had a wonderful stay at Extended Stay! The staff was very friendly and they answered all my questions. The room was a great size and clean. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. I enjoyed the location because it was close to the freeway. I would visit this location again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Paula,

Thank you so very much for your kind review of Extended Stay America San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium. Whenever I read comments like yours it always so rewarding. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - San Diego - Mission Valley - Stadium? Share your experiences!