“Yummmmmm!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Yummmmmm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Thanks to a friend we ended up here one morning for breakfast. We sat at the bar & enjoyed a Delicious Bloody Mary. I had the AMAZING Nutella stuffed pancake (yes, Nutella stuffed) HEAVEN on earth! My friend had a breakfast burrito the size of her arm that was equally as good! Parking not so much a fan of BUT I will be back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“THE WORST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

The worst thing about Snooze is when your meal ends and you have to stop eating. Best Eggs Benedict I've ever had.

Houston
“Great vibe, great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Heard about this place from our hotel, so we tried it. When you check in, they get your cell phone so they can text you when your table is ready. We wound up sitting at the bar area and got great service from the bar waitress. It was quite busy for a late Friday morning - I guess other patrons were off of work. We shared a wonderful meal of breakfast tacos and a single (large) pancake. The food was presented beautifully and very tasty. The bacon was perfectly crisp, broken up in small pieces to make the taco easy to eat. If I lived in San Diego, I would frequent this place. It was not too expensive and was a fun place too. I can see why it is popular.

Visited August 2014
California
“Excellent, unique breakfast items”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

Absolutely loved the food here! We arrived around 10:15 am on a Saturday and had to wait about an hour for a table (they will text you when it's ready, so you can walk around Hillcrest shops to kill time). We shared a single cinnamon roll pancake (super sweet and giant), then I had the Spuds deluxe (hash browns with melted cheese on top, to which I added chorizo and roasted garlic) and my husband had the Green Eggs N' Hamwich. The portions were large and the flavor was great on everything. I definitely would like to come back to try some of the other pancake flavors. The staff was friendly and fast also. Prior to this visit, I loved the Broken Yolk best for breakfast - but this has now won as my new favorite when I'm in San Diego.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston, Massachusetts
“Amazing breakfast- so worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We found Snooze in the San Diego tourist guidebooks.... we were deciding between Snooze and another breakfast place down the road from it- but Snooze got our attention first and foremost because the description said it was the place locals frequented. We arrived midday- around noonish, and managed to park in the meter right in front of the restaurant. There was a 45 minute wait, as is the norm, apparently. It was nice though, that they take your phone number and text you when to come back that way 1. the storefront isn't overcrowded and 2. you can walk around while you wait. There were 2 of us and after the wait, we were seated at a great booth. Our server was Taylor, and she was amazing- offered recommendations, joked around, was just overall friendly, laid back and helpful. My boyfriend wanted the breakfast pot pie but because of allergy issues, steered clear and went for eggs, bacon and potatoes... their version of breakfast potatoes is delicious- it's like it's cooked in a little cast iron, and peppered perfectly. The most stand out part of his dish, for me, was the jam that came with the bread. I started to eat it with a fork... when Taylor noticed she told us all about how it's a local company and the flavors that they serve change as the maker chooses new in-season fruits. I had the pancake sampler- with the pineapple upside down, strawberry malt and sweet potato. If I could eat that pineapple upside down pancake every day, I would. I loved the sampler, they offered smaller pancakes side by side and were the perfect size. When our food arrived, we took pictures which prompted another server to run over and say "picture worthy! That's what we love!". It was nice to be in a fun environment where the food is not only superb, but the staff loves being there. We would have returned for a second visit in our week long trip if we didn't start our days so late on vacation time, and with Snooze being "an AM eatery", they close at 2pm.... that's an us problem though, so it's on our must-do list if we visit SD again.

• Visited July 2014