“Try the Pie” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
San Marcos, California
“Try the Pie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The breakfast pot pie was superb. The recommendation to put a sunny side up egg as your egg choice on top was right on. I loved it. It was a little on the light side when it came to sausage in the pie but it was really good. I also tried some of my wife's side of bacon and it really was the best bacon I have ever had. I added some to my pot pie and it was perfect. They do usually have a long wait but it was worth it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Dallas, Texas
“Oh, the pot pie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

What I ordered: Breakfast Pot Pie (Snooze’s Homemade Rosemary Sausage Gravy Smothers a Flaky Puff Pastry, Topped with a Sunny Side Up Egg) and Hash Browns

I ran to Snooze and back from my hotel (The US Grant), which was 4.6 miles total and I am sure didn’t put a dent into my caloric intake at Snooze. Oh well. This pot pie was FREAKISHLY good. The sausage gravy is genius and I wish I had thought of it. While I was having a food haze moment (I know you know what those are), I was getting excellent service from the host to the server to the food runner that only registered later after the haze had lifted. Snooze is a must visit in San Diego.

Visited October 2013
“Astonishingly good breakfast - try the chilaquiles benedict!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

As a Brit visiting San Diego on business for a couple of days, I'd been awake since 4am and so was after a good breakfast a few hours later. What I found at Snooze impressed me hugely.

Talking to the friendly waitress about whether to try one of the eggs benedict creations or the tasty looking pancakes she convinced me to do a half portion of each.

The chilaquiles benedict was sublime - tender barbacoa beef topped with a poached egg and hollandaise on a base made from tortilla rather than muffin/brioche. Paired with the very tasty hash brown (potato rosti, I would argue), I really should have stopped there, pleasantly full after a rich, surprisingly good dish. However, my single pancake was too tempting and so I embarked on the ~12" diameter monster; very good it was too. I didn't quite finish it as I could feel my arteries clogging up fast.
Cappucinos were tasty too though perhaps not quite as exceptional as the food; San Diego's a city crawling with fantastic independent coffee houses after all.

I'll certainly be coming back, perhaps after a 10 mile run to build up the appetite for a guilt-free breakfast.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
pebble beach
“breakfast at snooze”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

this is now my favorite place to have breakfast .five of us had adult beverages and really good food .i had the the breakfast pot pie ,my family had eggs benedect others had the best bacon !!!!my mother had a bloody mary she loved i had the snooze julius which i loved. next time i go there i will order more adult beverages there is so much to choose from. my very picky mother loved loved this place all in my party were very happy. oh by the way there will soon be a Amicci's pizza opening soon next door to snooze.YAAAAAA!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I love this place! Although the wait is kind of long, the food is really good, and reasonably proved. They have a unique variety of pancakes that are delicious. (Especially the cinnamon roll one). Our waitress was amazing, so the service was great! It really made the experience. We took some friends from Texas the time before and it was one of their favorites as well.

Visited September 2013