“Wonderful food and friendly service!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Ottawa, Canada
“Wonderful food and friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Husband ordered a flight of pancakes and inhaled them. He practically licked the plate clean, he enjoyed them so much. I had 2 different kinds of eggs benedict with gluten free bread substituted for English muffin and other bread. At first, when plate arrived I thought the serving was paltry because I was really hungry. Yes, there was a long wait for a table even at 8 am! However, the portion turned out to be perfect. I thought I would order a GF pancake as a sweet finish, but once finished, I was too full.

We did also try the beermosa (I thought itwas nasty but I dislike beer - no surprise there) and the Orange Snoozius. Again, I think I should just accept that alcoholic breakfast drinks aren't my thing. My husband loved the Snoozius!

The coffee was okay. The hashbrowns were yummy and didn't need ketchup for flavour.

The waitress was attentive and overall, this was a really nice breakfast.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Excellent breakfast place in Hillcrest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went there for a late breakfast and after a 20 min wait we received a text msg and got our table. Nice interior, young and attentive staff and a great menu. All very fresh and tasty. Excellent coffee and hush browns which don't need extra spice treatment. A very nice place worth going even if you have to wait a bit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My favorite San Diego breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic breakfast! My favorites are the chiliquilies Benedict and the omg French toast. They have a mimosa with pomegranate something or other and it's delicious! The wait is ridiculous and If I ever waited again I would go and cruise around hillcrest while I work up an appetite, it's usually at least an hour. If you can get there 8:30 or earlier not too bad of a wait. But snooze is worth it! Love this place.

• Visited July 2013
Ellicott City, Maryland
“great scene, okay food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Very hip, 60's retro ambiance; fantastic concept. I had a reuben sandwich from the brunch menu -- advertised as "heaped with corned beef"; just small to average portion; I was expecting Manhattan deli portion. Service was wonderful. I liked the space and the ambiance so much that I really wanted the food to match; sadly no. I'll give them another chance, though.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Fountain Valley, California
“Snooze No More”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

There are so many reviews on this breakfast/brunch spot, so I will be brief. Everyone has their own opinions, so you probably need to try it and judge it for yourself.
We didn't like Snooze at all and I'm disappointed, I so wanted to love it. We had hoped to try Snooze in Denver on our last trip there and just didn't make it, so I was excited to see they had opened in the Hillcrest neighborhood in San Diego.
We arrived at about 9:45 am on a Wednesday and the place was packed with a wait. We felt that we had entered the Jetson's cartoon from long ago or Tomorrowland at Disney. It is retro, yet futuristic, really cool decor. We waited about 15 minutes for a table and this is where it takes a turn.
While waiting there were so many flies buzzing around, creepy. Funny thing, I don't like flies in a restaurant. We were finally seated. Service eh, no real complaint, just not upbeat, happy or friendly, just neutral. They have some interesting things on the menu, I just wasn't in the mood to have a sugar coated, dripping in sweetness breakfast so opted for the breakfast tacos. Mr. B decided on a breakfast burrito, guess we were in the mood for Mexican food.
The tacos....so disappointed. The tortillas weren't cooked, maybe steamed, but very dry. As soon as I folded the first taco, the entire tortilla crumbled and it fell on the plate, so I ended up eating it with a fork. The eggs were bland, no salt, the potatoes were a bit gummy. The taste buds were very disappointed.
Mr. B's burrito was eh as well. The flour tortilla was not toasted, and was rather gummy, flavor was simply average.
I feel like we should give it another try and order the sickeningly sweet, dripping in caramel sauce sweet potato pancakes or stuffed french toast filled with marscarpone and sugar strawberries to see what the raves are about. Then again, I think not. Too bad Snooze, this guest left unhappy. Especially when I had flies buzzing all around my breakfast.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere